Snubby's. Just Because....

Wishoot

2 minutes ago, G19 DB said:

FTW!  The ultimate snubby.   (Do you have any pics shooting that thing at dusk?) 

No. I haven't shot this monster in years. Broke my wrist in a bike crash, have now a few Titanium screws in it, and not sure I want to risk getting hurt. If there is ONE handgun capable of breaking a wrist, this is it.

Some day I'll upload some low recoil rounds and go from there.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, crockett said:

And some 9mm harassment...

_DSC1299.thumb.jpg.0b13721c71c8eaaf9a99681efc4b72a1.jpg

I just looked at a Gunblast article about the 460ES version and it still achieved impressive performance with the Casull loads in the short barrel. I think Linebaugh is on to something with the Taylor K.O. formula. If I had a 500ES I think I'd stick with the lighter bullet loads, definitely not 500+ grains.

• Like 4

On 1/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, Maccabeus said:

(Picture removed...)

But, that doesn't stop me from wanting a Kimber K6s.

I have a S&W 642 Airweight which I carried as a BUG on-duty for many years. I love it, but I've also recently had my eyes on a Kimber K6s DC. I'd love to have one of them, install some Black/Blue VZ Grips stipple G10s, and call it a day. To each their own, but I would imagine the black/blue stipple grip combo would look great on the Kimber black DLC finish on the K6s DC.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Alan said:

... a Kimber K6s DC. I'd love to have one of them, install some Black/Blue VZ Grips stipple G10s, and call it a day. To each their own, but I would imagine the black/blue stipple grip combo would look great on the Kimber black DLC finish on the K6s DC.

That would give it a unique, stand-out-of-the-crowd look.

While I think of snubbies as under 3", since we've both mentioned Kimber, I may as well add that I did end up buying the K6S 3" as posted in some other threads. It's nice even if its snubby classification is debatable.

IMG_20180313_093656866.thumb.jpg.4e0ff06bca903f54e84560b462967553.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, 6actual said:

The 327 is a pretty hot little round,  I have the Ruger LCR in that caliber plus it’s nice having that  sixth round in a J frame size package 

And you can reload them to basically .357 Mag level:

..with an extra round in all Rugers, and you can shoot 4 more calibers out of the same revolver: .32 ACP, .32 S&W Short, .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum, as you will know.

I have a very slow .32 S&W Long Wadcutter Bullseye handload that is my most accurate combination all around.

img_3482_2-jpg.297297

• Like 8

On 7/11/2018 at 5:40 AM, 6actual said:

The 327 is a pretty hot little round,  I have the Ruger LCR in that caliber plus it’s nice having that  sixth round in a J frame size package 

Had my eyes on one of these for a very long time.  I reload, so it would be easy to shoot frequently.  

For some reason, I can't justify the cost of a 327 LCR.  Paying almost $500 for a plastic revolver just doesn't sit well with me.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wishoot said:

Had my eyes on one of these for a very long time.  I reload, so it would be easy to shoot frequently.  

For some reason, I can't justify the cost of a 327 LCR.  Paying almost $500 for a plastic revolver just doesn't sit well with me.  

Got mine used from a friend for a very good price, he got rid of it cause he hated buying the ammo, me? I reload. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

That looks like the hammerless version of the one I own. How well does it carry in that holster? 

That S&W 642 Airweight completely disappears in the IWB holster when I wear it in the appendix carry location using just a simple t-shirt as cover. (HolsterCo kydex holster).

• Like 1