Virginia high school teacher fired for refusing to use transgender student's new pronouns

pipedreams

Seems a bit extreme.

"After a four-hour hearing, the West Point School Board voted 5-0 to terminate Peter Vlaming, a French teacher at West Point High School who resisted administrators’ orders to use male pronouns to refer to a ninth-grade student who had undergone a gender transition. The board met in closed session for nearly an hour before the vote."

https://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/virginia-high-school-teacher-fired-for-refusing-to-use-transgender/article_65be1826-50b2-5d38-be58-47d9b9480917.html

• Sad 1

The student in question was a female who had supposedly undergone a "gender transition".  I somehow doubt that she had her female parts sewed up and had a prosthetic male appendage attached.  I think it's more likely that she just decided one day to assume the role of a male. What happens in gym class? will "he" shower with the boys?

The fact that the schools are going along with this insanity and giving it legitimacy only encourages more insanity. Liberalism is destroying this country as they are gradually moving us into The Age Of Insanity. 

bizarro-world.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3

As Hochman described his conversation with Vlaming after the incident on Halloween, Hochman said he told Vlaming: “You need to say sorry for that. And refer to her by the male pronoun.”

Even the principal, by his own admission, did what the teacher did because he knows it's a she. 

Funny side note. This is happening in the county next to where I live now. The other story mentioned in Gloucester was in the county next to the one I'm from. No matter where I go, the trannies keep following.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Moshe said:

Political Correctness has become completely stupid.  You either have an XX or an XY chromosome.  Whatever else, is just butchery by elective surgery. 

Political Correctness was totally stupid back when the words first tumbled out of Bill Clinton's mouth, and it still is. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, Borg warner said:

The student in question was a female who had supposedly undergone a "gender transition".  I somehow doubt that she had her female parts sewed up and had a prosthetic male appendage attached.  I think it's more likely that she just decided one day to assume the role of a male. What happens in gym class? will "he" shower with the boys?

The fact that the schools are going along with this insanity and giving it legitimacy only encourages more insanity. Liberalism is destroying this country as they are gradually moving us into The Age Of Insanity. 

bizarro-world.jpg

The fact that "It's" parents allowed it to happen is insane!

• Like 2

Administrators sided with the boy, telling Vlaming he could not treat his transgender pupil differently than he treats others.

i think there is his legal argument for wrongful termination,the administration saying you can`t treat anyone differently,yet a student who was demanding to be treated different then everyone else and forcing a gender selection that did`nt exist before she demanded to be singled out.

its like a self fulfilling discrimination that your held accountable for,

• Like 2

On 12/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, Borg warner said:

What happens in gym class? will "he" shower with the boys?

That's pretty rare, maybe even non-existent, in public schools anymore. Even my oldest who graduated almost 10 years ago never had to shower after gym. 

23 minutes ago, Grabbrass said:

That's pretty rare, maybe even non-existent, in public schools anymore. Even my oldest who graduated almost 10 years ago never had to shower after gym. 

But they still have to change clothes don't they? Don't they wear gym shorts for exercise and sports anymore?

What is more stupid about this is French, like Spanish is considered a "Romantic" language.  Everything is either male or female, everything as they Yiddish Fayala.  Or, if you prefer, in Spanish, Joto, Mariposa, and Muneca.  These languages are not forgiving toward transgender or homosexuals.  So, how, can you fire a French teacher for using the language correctly?

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

What is more stupid about this is French, like Spanish is considered a "Romantic" language.  Everything is either male or female, everything as they Yiddish Fayala.  Or, if you prefer, in Spanish, Joto, Mariposa, and Muneca.  These languages are not forgiving toward transgender or homosexuals.  So, how, can you fire a French teacher for using the language correctly?

Actually, it is called a Romance language because it is derived from the Roman language of Latin.  So Roman - ce.  

And the whole thing is stupid, I don’t care what language you’re using.  

Hawk 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

Actually, it is called a Romance language because it is derived from the Roman language of Latin.  So Roman - ce.  

And the whole thing is stupid, I don’t care what language you’re using.  

Hawk 

All "Romance" languages have genders for objects.

• Like 3

Students Rally Behind High School Teacher Fired for Refusing to Call Female Student “He”

"Not long after the decision was made to essentially fire Vlaming for his religious beliefs, students walked out and rallied outside the school to show their support for the former French teacher, Life Site News reports.

Student chant “bring him back”. Most of them have been outside for nearly an hour at this point. There’s a mix of high school and middle school students out here right now. #VAnews #NBC12 pic.twitter.com/GOfLCD4PmN

— Karina Bolster (@KarinaNBC12) December 7, 2018"

https://activistmommy.com/students-rally-behind-high-school-teacher-fired-refusing-call-female-student/

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 2:05 AM, Borg warner said:

But they still have to change clothes don't they? Don't they wear gym shorts for exercise and sports anymore?

I can't remember if my son had gym clothes or not, it's been a while. I think he did, but only in 6th-7th grade. How/where they changed, I dunno. No showers though - I know that cuz I asked him about it and he was horrified, couldn't believe that was 'normal' once.

My daughter's 15 now, and has not ever needed gym clothes. They also do gym class co-ed now, not separated. She says the coach plays basketball with the boys and the girls sit on the bleachers looking at their phones. That might sound like the coach is worthless as a teacher, but I think there may be some cautious self-preservation going on there too. If I were in that job today (teaching HS), I'd avoid every possibility of giving a female student a chance for a plausible harassment accusation.

Edited by Grabbrass
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Presguy said:

Showering after regular PE/Gym class was gone even when I was in HS almost 20 years ago. Changing clothes is still a thing, though.

Even just participating in PE (if you're not registered for a sport) is becoming less common, since you can opt out by choosing other types of activities.

Hell, someone my nephew goes to school with got suspended for "fighting" after cup checking someone in a locker room. That was a damn near daily thing when I was in school.

Kids of both genders these days are mostly *******. Thanks to their helicopter parents amd liberal teachers.

• Like 2