Google’s lack of moral compass has crossed the line into endangering the very nation that hosts it

pipedreams

15 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

But if you don’t like it

you are not required to have it.

you are free to take your money and walk

It's getting harder and harder to do that:  Own an Android?  It's a google phone.  Mine tracks me.  How was the bar you just went to?  How was home depot?  Strangely it never mentions the gun shop.  Does not

Oh i guess i could have an Iphone.   But they only harvest your data for Apple products...or do they?  

Google and Facebook are data mining both phone systems.   Not to mention the have been caught data mining computers that have used their products and even some who have no.  Google plug ins, applications, and various other products are built into many web pages.  The result is you visit them you report to the home office.

Microsoft has already announced they will give up on Edge (can't blame them) in favor of a Google Chrome based browser.

What's that going to do for us?

These things are all connected one way or the other.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Historian said:

It's getting harder and harder to do that:  Own an Android?  It's a google phone.  Mine tracks me.  How was the bar you just went to?  How was home depot?  Strangely it never mentions the gun shop.  Does not

Oh i guess i could have an Iphone.   But they only harvest your data for Apple products...or do they?  

Google and Facebook are data mining both phone systems.   Not to mention the have been caught data mining computers that have used their products and even some who have no.  Google plug ins, applications, and various other products are built into many web pages.  The result is you visit them you report to the home office.

Microsoft has already announced they will give up on Edge (can't blame them) in favor of a Google Chrome based browser.

What's that going to do for us?

These things are all connected one way or the other.

It’s all voluntary

3 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Your right, we could all live without electricity, plumbing, and automobiles, it all voluntary.

Actually, he is an enabler for crap like this. There is no other explanation left after dozens of these post. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought into some mutual funds that include crap shot stocks from Amazon, Google and Apple. They are all tanking recently, he can't get out and now he's mad on everybody who's not spoon-feeding their income to these piece of **** companies.

Any takers?

Funny thing... I regularly short sell these stocks on their way down, sucking even more capital out of those long-term stock holders.

• Like 1

**** Google.

I make an effort to not use their products outside of the android phones. I have read how they sell your info etc for a long time. When they built an office in MI they went to the most liberal shithole area in the state, that speaks volumes to me. There are many other search engines, browsers, etc to use (try to buy ad space from them relating to firearms). I tried the apple kardashianphone for about a week and needed a magnifying glass to see the microscopic screen so it went to my niece and I bought another android. Eventually somebody else will make a phone that is useful to me and I'll hopefully be free of Google.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It’s all voluntary

Right. I guess I could live in a tiny house off grid without anything but an am/fm radio.

Like that's not suspicious. 

Just ask the melinials and their smart houses.

But hey. With an Alexa and same day Amazon delivery you'd never have an aquard moment without toilet paper.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Moshe said:

If their allegiance is to China, they should move there.  That being said, I am Pro-Israeli.  But, I am born and bred in the United States, and that is where my loyalties are.

I'm also pro-Israeli for many reasons but one reason is that as Americans, Israel's enemies are our enemies. Our last so-called president sided with our enemies and against Israel and against his own country yet none dare call it treason.

Obama was openly hostile to Israel and sided with those who have sworn to wipe Israel off the map.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Actually, he is an enabler for crap like this. There is no other explanation left after dozens of these post. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought into some mutual funds that include crap shot stocks from Amazon, Google and Apple. They are all tanking recently, he can't get out and now he's mad on everybody who's not spoon-feeding their income to these piece of **** companies.

Any takers?

Funny thing... I regularly short sell these stocks on their way down, sucking even more capital out of those long-term stock holders.

Project much

I’m just being an actual libertarian. Not a lip service one.

free market that isnt free isnt a market

Edited by Dric902

33 minutes ago, Historian said:

Right. I guess I could live in a tiny house off grid without anything but an am/fm radio.

Like that's not suspicious. 

Just ask the melinials and their smart houses.

But hey. With an Alexa and same day Amazon delivery you'd never have an aquard moment without toilet paper.

The point is...you don’t have a “right” to it.

companies are not people, they don’t owe anybody anything. The people running it may, the company as an entity does not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

I'll give you the right part. We don't have a right to anything a company does.  But they sure have the right to my data.

But hey, I didn't read the 700 page end user agreement that came with my phone that abdicated my rights to my personal data. What should I expect?

To me it seems the rights belong to the companies when we are the product.

In regards to companies not being human. They are in fact considered legal person in the eyes of the law.

A legal person (in legal contexts often simply person, less ambiguously legal entity Is any human or non-human entity, in other words, any human being, firm, or government agency that is recognized as having privileges and obligations, such as having the ability to enter into contracts, to sue, and to be sued.

• Like 2

Use Google to search for the string "That embarrassing second amendment".  The search is slightly better now, but it used to find nothing of relevance.  Now, it show obscure references, but not the article itself. 

Bing finds it and puts it at the top of the search.  Somebody at Google had to do extra work to bury the article. 

http://constitution.org/mil/embar2nd.htm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dric902 said:

companies are not people, they don’t owe anybody anything. The people running it may, the company as an entity does not.

Your correct about that, and that is why they should not be allowed lobby and donate money to legislators.  Companies are not citizens and should not influence legislation. 

16 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Your correct about that, and that is why they should not be allowed lobby and donate money to legislators.  Companies are not citizens and should not influence legislation. 

Whenever someone uses the phrase “should not be allowed”

I worry.

who decides? Who enforces? What are the dynamics of the limitations?

• Like 1

Google to shut down Google+ early due to bug that leaked data of 52.5 million users

"This marks the second data breach for Google's disappointing social network. The first occurred in October, when up to 500,000 users' data was compromised. Shortly after, Google announced it would shut down the platform in 2019."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/12/11/google-plus-leak-social-network-shut-down-sooner-after-security-bug/2274296002/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Google to shut down Google+ early due to bug that leaked data of 52.5 million users

"This marks the second data breach for Google's disappointing social network. The first occurred in October, when up to 500,000 users' data was compromised. Shortly after, Google announced it would shut down the platform in 2019."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/12/11/google-plus-leak-social-network-shut-down-sooner-after-security-bug/2274296002/

I deleted my YouTube account and all my videos many years ago, as soon as Google tried to push its Google+ bullshit on every YouTube content creator.

Googles stock is down by 20% since August. Companies found out that adverting with Google AdSense doesn't make much sense anymore. So many people use an AD blocker, or simply don't give a **** about ADs at all. Companies (including mine) started reducing or even killing their AdSense budget.

May Google's stock die off in the next correction.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3