Snipers Row

pipedreams

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, Moshe said:

Okay.  You could easily have a loaded round in the sniper rifles, then pull out the little orange piece and give someone a really bad day.  The whole point was about muzzle integrity.

No, you can't "easily" have a round in the chamber, that's the whole point of the chamber flag.

Are you saying you never go down range with a gun on the bench?

1 hour ago, AK_Stick said:

No, you can't "easily" have a round in the chamber, that's the whole point of the chamber flag.

Are you saying you never go down range with a gun on the bench?

But, you could.  So, what was the point of walking in front of the muzzle exactly?

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, steve4102 said:

Yeah, that's the same thing as locking an action open, flagging it and then walking around the unmanned rifles for inspection.

Yup same thing, thanks for sharing.

I could take my .45 FNX Tactical, right now, chamber a round, and I have and have a an extra flag I could insert, hand it to someone and declare it save, and watch them blow their head's off.  But, I am not that kind of person.

1 minute ago, Moshe said:

I could take my .45 FNX Tactical, right now, chamber a round, and I have and have a an extra flag I could insert, hand it to someone and declare it save, and watch them blow their head's off.  But, I am not that kind of person.

How can you insert a chamber flag in a chamber that has a round in it?

I don't think you know what you're talking about....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

How can you insert a chamber flag in a chamber that has a round in it?

I don't think you know what you're talking about....

...and even if you could, the action will not close, that's the whole point.

Besides, now he is talking about "Intentionally" shooting another human being as opposed to proper muzzle control/safety to avoid an AD/ND.

Edited by steve4102

Last Sunday, at the range I go to...as I walked to the trash can I noticed the gent next to me, having some issue with his AR..with the muzzle pointed at where I was just standing. Doubt the walls between the lanes would stop a .223/5.56..I mentioned that I would appreciate it if he didn't point that thing at me..he got all huffy...always 10%...The range safety guy then mentioned muzzle discipline..they he 'got it'...

2 hours ago, usnret said:

Last Sunday, at the range I go to...as I walked to the trash can I noticed the gent next to me, having some issue with his AR..with the muzzle pointed at where I was just standing. Doubt the walls between the lanes would stop a .223/5.56..I mentioned that I would appreciate it if he didn't point that thing at me..he got all huffy...always 10%...The range safety guy then mentioned muzzle discipline..they he 'got it'...

Thats not even close to the same thing as being in front of a gun on a bipod, or the bench with a chamber flag in.