More hate-filled and annoying; Anti-Trumpers or Glock haters?

PNWguy

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, norton said:

I would compare it to the people who p*** and moan about the Smith and Wessons with key lock.  Because they read on the internet that the Hillary Hole somehow could bind up and cause the pistol not to fire they now treat that like gospel.  They say this w/o any personal experience.  Except with their Lorcin or Hi Point. 

That would be me.  I refuse to own (and don't) own a Smith with a Hillary Hole.  Though I have four that don't :)  It was stupid to begin with.  If you want to be safe, check your weapon and keep your bugger picking finger off the trigger.  How hard is that?  My children learned that at an early age.  The rest of populous is too stupid?

Edited by Moshe

40 minutes ago, Moshe said:

That would be me.  I refuse to own (and don't) own a Smith with a Hillary Hole.  Though I have four that don't :)  It was stupid to begin with.  If you want to be safe, check your weapon and keep your bugger picking finger off the trigger.  How hard is that?  My children learned that at an early age.  The rest of populous is too stupid?

Internal locks were introduced in 2001 when S&W was purchased from Tomkins PLC

Edited by usnret

Just now, usnret said:

I get that and realize this isn't a political section but what does 'Hillary' have to do with it? 

She has had her hand in everything since Bill was Governor, even the murders.  So, when Bill was president it was considered Billary, an expression you might still hear to this day.  Thus, as she had input on essentially everything, it has been called the "Hillary Hole" ever since.  If you haven't noticed, she has inserted herself repeatedly on everything ultra liberal, including gun control.  Pardon my oldness. :)

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, PNWguy said:

I'm on a couple of other firearms forums and it seems with every thread involving a Glock pistol or one in which the virtues of a Glock pistol are mentioned, there will be a few people that have so much hate and personal vitriol towards Glocks that they have to chime in and rant.

I don't get it.  There are dozens of striker-fired polymer pistols on the market today and most are very similar to the Glock pattern, yet mention you bought a new Beretta APX and crickets.  Mention you bought a Glock and people will start making snide comments about tupperware and kool-aid(?).

They remind me of people who hate Donald Trump.  Any mention of the name and they are triggered and HAVE to make a snide comment.

I don't get the need for the snide comments in every Glock thread.  

I happen to think that the 1911 is a great pistol with some great attributes, but on paper, it is a horrible choice for CCW due to weight, capacity, and unreliability.  

Yet I have never gone into a thread that someone is bragging about their new $2500 1911 (although it's having feeding issues, it will break-in after a few hundred rounds...) and start dragging it down.

I think 90% of Glock haters are over 60, divorced, from the Southern half of the United States, and probably voted for Buchanan...

Well, lets see.  I'm well over 60, I was divorced many years ago but have been married for many years since and I live in the Southern half of the United States (FL) - didn't vote for Buchanan but did vote for Trump and probably will again.  Although I like many firearms, handguns in particular, GLOCK has been my runaway favorite  for years and I own them in several flavors. You may want to rethink your demographics, age groups, etc. You are nowhere near being accurate. Lots of us older guys really appreciate GLOCK's light recoil, accuracy, weight and reliability as a CC handgun. Truth be known, the percentage of very conservative voters among the over 60 age group could well be greater than any other age group with the exception of a few very large CommieDemDuh cities and SE Florida (an extension of NY & NJ).  

Keep up the good work and your learning process. I like your attitude. P.S. GLOCKS are really pretty ugly but a fantastic working gun.

Edited by Citra47
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:26 PM, t4terrific said:

While there is plenty to complain about with Trump, Glock makes the best pistols that have ever existed.

My answer is “Glock Haters”.

The Sig thing happened on Obama's watch just so you know.  If anything is the Anti-Bump Stock guy.

12 hours ago, Appalachained said:

I’ve noticed the Glock hate. It blows me away how someone can have such strong emotion over an inanimate object.

I don't hate them.  I say to them, "You poor ugly girl, let's get you a make over." :)

I used to be a hard core revolver guy and think that all semi-autos were "Jam-o-matics" until I got my hands on a 70 series Colt Combat Commander (steel frame) that was 100 percent reliable. I carried it on occasion but my Charter arms Bulldog was more compact, more lightweight, and easier and more comfortable to conceal and produced similar ballistics. after that I got a Ruger speed six that held one more round and I remained a revolver guy except on road trips I'd carry the Commander.

Then Glocks came on the scene and I thought the only thing that could be worse than a Jam-o-matic would be a PLASTIC Jam-o-matic.  And to me those guns were a joke. Then around 1998 a friend of mine who didn't know any better bough a Glock 17 and since he'd never shot a gun before he asked me to go to the range with him and show him how to shoot it. So I showed him how to load the magazine and I shot about ten rounds out of it and handed it over to him. And then after he had fired about 50 rounds through it he let me fire it some more but other than the fact that the gun never jammed, I was not favorably impressed with it.

I didn't like how the gun felt in my hand and I didn't like the trigger and I didn't like the looks of the gun. But Then Glock came out with teh10mm G20 and in spite of my prejudices against the overall design of the gun I liked the 10mm cartridge and thought that a 15 round 10mm would be nice to have and I secretly wanted one. by that time Glocks had developed a good reputation for reliability and durability and then one day at a gun show I got to handle a Glock 19 and I liked it a lot better than the Glock 17 and the size of the gun was more proportionate to the power of the cartridge and the gun felt good in my hand.

About a week later I guide a police turn in G19 gen 2 for a good price so I bought it and after shooting it I really liked it and went out and bought the Glock of my dreams. a Glock 20 and I tried a could of different ones and fund that the Glock 20 SF fit my hands much better than the standard Gen 3 G20. Then after that I found out that I could get a 40 caliber Glock that was the same size as the Glock 19 so I upgraded from a 9mm to a 40. I now regularly carry smaller guns than the G19 and G23 and the G23 is now only carried in similar situations when I used to carry my Colt Commander but its a littr4el more concealable and lighter weight than the Commander was. I had to sell the commander year ago when I needed money but I still have a government model that I enjoy shooting.

I understand the reasons why people don't like Glocks because I used to think the same way. But I got over thinking that they were ugly and grew to like their simple, no-nonsense, no frills, utilitarian looks and I hate to see them all tarted up  and 'beautified" and stippled and done up in pastel designer colors.  I like when form follows function and the way the gun function is ultimately what won me over. I didn't like the trigger at first, but I didn't like DA revolver triggers at first either until I learned  how to use the trigger which just takes practice.

I used to work with a couple of self proclaimed gun experts and mentioned one day that I wanted a Glock 19. You would have thought I insulted their first born. These two went off an a rant about all of the reasons I should never ever consider a Glock and that life as I knew it would end if I did.

So I went out and bought a G19 that weekend and have never regretted it.

As far as Trump is concerned, I have no idea what these two idiots think of him. They were both out of my life long before Trump was even running.

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

It's a TOOL. It ain't meant to be a piece of art.

The haters are basically saying "I HATE Estwing hammers because of their blue polymer grips!!!"

fuggem.

Why can't a firearm be both?  Behold the Smith & Wesson 686.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, minderasr said:

As the saying goes: I show my 1911 to my friends, I show my Glock to my enemies.

Love me some 1911 goodness.  But I carry a Glock.

I have been carrying an FNX=45 Tactical lately.  I found a place about 60 miles down the road that can fit my G-21C for my Viridian first Gen Viridian Light Laser.  Apparently, they managed to find a dead one at Viridian to use as a mold.  My blade tech holster gave out before the firearm and light/laser did. But, that is the difference between well made stuff and the inherent obsolescence, which is the practice today.  They seemed surprised that a 7 year old model still works, is still around.  That indicates, that the latest generation is meant to die early, so like the corner drug dealer, they get you coming back for another one.  As evidenced by the one on my wife's XD .45 2.0 that had one, was successfully sighted in.  Don't buy the hype that it just takes a few rounds, that is nothing more than company PR.  It dies due to be crappy, it gets sent back, with pictures, asking them to keep it in the position it was at.  They of course, refurbish and set it to mechanical zero.  I am liking that company less and less.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 3:34 AM, tadbart said:

The haters are basically saying "I HATE Estwing hammers because of their blue polymer grips!!!"

Yup, but go with a vaughan. Better balance.  (sexy wood handle)  :D

Edited by G19 DB
  • Haha 1

I have.  But, they were on the order of a Saturday Night Special.  If the firearm is unreliable I don't need it.  I have a new appreciation for my Glock 21C.  I was dry firing it today with both eyes open with the RMR.  I also have a Johnny Glock Trigger in it, so, the wall and the snap is not mushy like a standard Glock.  The reset is minimal.  I have found before my eye surgery I had to close one eye even with the RMR.  Now, with the RMR, I can fire with both eyes open.  I like that, because I have a sense of everything around me, and the red dot just floats there.  So, in a shooting it is a fast target acquisition.

• Like 1