More hate-filled and annoying; Anti-Trumpers or Glock haters?

PNWguy

I'm on a couple of other firearms forums and it seems with every thread involving a Glock pistol or one in which the virtues of a Glock pistol are mentioned, there will be a few people that have so much hate and personal vitriol towards Glocks that they have to chime in and rant.

I don't get it.  There are dozens of striker-fired polymer pistols on the market today and most are very similar to the Glock pattern, yet mention you bought a new Beretta APX and crickets.  Mention you bought a Glock and people will start making snide comments about tupperware and kool-aid(?).

They remind me of people who hate Donald Trump.  Any mention of the name and they are triggered and HAVE to make a snide comment.

I don't get the need for the snide comments in every Glock thread.  

I happen to think that the 1911 is a great pistol with some great attributes, but on paper, it is a horrible choice for CCW due to weight, capacity, and unreliability.  

Yet I have never gone into a thread that someone is bragging about their new $2500 1911 (although it's having feeding issues, it will break-in after a few hundred rounds...) and start dragging it down.

I think 90% of Glock haters are over 60, divorced, from the Southern half of the United States, and probably voted for Buchanan...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/8/2018 at 5:33 PM, PNWguy said:

On 12/8/2018 at 5:33 PM, PNWguy said:

I think 90% of Glock haters are over 60, divorced, from the Southern half of the United States, and probably voted for Buchanan...

Stereotype much? And Who the hell is Buchanan?

• Like 1

I happen to think that the 1911 is a great pistol with some great attributes, but on paper, it is a horrible choice for CCW due to weight, capacity, and unreliability.  

I think most of us who are fans of Glock  would also agree that a handgun, particularly one that is also used for personal or home defense, are in the 'tools not trophy' category. Reliable, accurate, not big $, easy and FUN to shoot and carry. LOTS of options in terms of caliber...etc...I just don't get the 'gee it's so pretty' when it comes to handguns.."Gee, that's a beautiful hammer"...FTS(FunToShoot) is my number one requirement, my other number 1s?..Concealable, reliable...For ME, my Glocks do that. 

Just rented and shot a Colt 1911 this last Sat..nice, accurate, fun...heavy, only failed once in 100 rounds(doh!!)...glad I did but gonna stick with my 3 Glocks..After the 1911, shot my G-17 and -19, my son's G43..about another 400 rounds..zero failures..

I'm in the bicycle biz..you get the same thing when you mention 'Rapha' or Campagnolo...

As for trump..that's for another forum or day or....

Edited by usnret
  • Like 2

Yeah, I get that some people just like the heft of an all steel or all metal handgun.  I appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of a well done 1911 or Hi-Power.  

I just don't get the mindset that makes someone so defensive and angry about a pistol that they feel the need to disparage it at every opportunity.  

Perhaps it's because while they spent $1500 on a Kimber that chokes fairly often and only holds 8-rounds, they are angry at people that spent $500 on a pistol that can go thousands of rounds flawlessly and hold 15 or 17 rounds.

But so do S&W M&Ps, and HKs, and Berettas...  But Glock is the firearm that triggers them.

• Like 2

Over the years I have seen the Springfield XD being bad mouthed on different forums, so don't feel that Glock is the only gun to get bad mouthed. As long as the Glock does what you need it to, I wouldn't worry about it.

This forum here seems to have a group that hates on guns that are modified (similar to the 509 in Moshe's post above). I look at that as people that don't understand why the guns are modified.

• Like 1

Actually it is the FNX-45 I put up there.  I also have a modified Springfield MC Operator with a Wilson Barrel Bushing Comp, and Wilson combat magazines.  Then I guess a lot of folks probably remember my heavily modified Glock 19 Gen 4 currently on my hip.

• Thanks 1

As an aside, I like my HK's so much, that the only thing needed was more magazines and night sights.  However, my wife's Colt Defender got laser grips, extra magazines (Wilson), and crossbreed gear, along with a brand new set of night sights, and a set of ambi safeties.   Some firearms, IMHO, need less modification, some need more.  With my Glocks I end up doing more.

• Like 1

If someone doesn't like or even HATES Glocks and prefers other firearms that's fine with me but they don't have to be dicks about it. But if someone HATES the president and would vote for a Left wing extremist Democrat over Trump and are constantly pissing and moaning about it, that's much more annoying to me especially when these people's actions in the voting booth can adversely effect my life.

I like Glocks. I carried DA handguns for years and liked the fact of it's simplicity compared to semi-autos with safeties and find the Glock trigger to be better than a DA revolver trigger though both require practice to learn how to use properly and the same is true for a cocked and locked 1911. But the Glock is also superior to both the revolver and the 1911 because it's lighter in weight and has greater capacity.

• Like 2

When I hear the haters whining about Glocks, I know they have never owned one.  The feel, accuracy and balance of the weapon put it at the top of my list.  When I had the slide and frame completely stripped in less than 90 seconds, I was sold.  The parts are so cheap, I carry a replacement part for all my internals (except barrel) in my range bag.    I am happy with the 7 Glock pistols I own.  My Rugers, S&W and Springfields mostly sit on the bench

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moshe said:

Actually it is the FNX-45 I put up there.  I also have a modified Springfield MC Operator with a Wilson Barrel Bushing Comp, and Wilson combat magazines.  Then I guess a lot of folks probably remember my heavily modified Glock 19 Gen 4 currently on my hip.

You're right, I half assed looked at it and saw the tan frame, RMR and extended barrel and thought it was the new Tactical version of the 509 (didn't even notice the hammer :hide: ). Nice looking gun though.

• Like 1

Let my tally the Glocks:

3 G20's

1 G40 with RMR

2 G-19 4's, one with RMR

1 G21 being slide cut for an RMR

1 G21 Converted to Rowland .460 (extra heavy power springs so it doesn't beat the crap out of me)

And that, that, that's all folks.

22 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Yeah, I get that some people just like the heft of an all steel or all metal handgun.  I appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of a well done 1911 or Hi-Power.  

I just don't get the mindset that makes someone so defensive and angry about a pistol that they feel the need to disparage it at every opportunity.  

Perhaps it's because while they spent $1500 on a Kimber that chokes fairly often and only holds 8-rounds, they are angry at people that spent $500 on a pistol that can go thousands of rounds flawlessly and hold 15 or 17 rounds.

But so do S&W M&Ps, and HKs, and Berettas...  But Glock is the firearm that triggers them.

Fair amount of 'deservedly so', (IMHO) ragging on SIG also..Lots of choices but their entry into plastic and striker has been more than a little 'bumpy'..surprising for an expensive gun..even on their first 'shots' at .380..the P238 is miserable.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sig+238+problems&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS752US752&oq=sig+238+problems&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.3992j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

16 hours ago, Borg warner said:

If someone doesn't like or even HATES Glocks and prefers other firearms that's fine with me but they don't have to be dicks about it. But if someone HATES the president and would vote for a Left wing extremist Democrat over Trump and are constantly pissing and moaning about it, that's much more annoying to me especially when these people's actions in the voting booth can adversely effect my life.

I like Glocks. I carried DA handguns for years and liked the fact of it's simplicity compared to semi-autos with safeties and find the Glock trigger to be better than a DA revolver trigger though both require practice to learn how to use properly and the same is true for a cocked and locked 1911. But the Glock is also superior to both the revolver and the 1911 because it's lighter in weight and has greater capacity.

That works both ways...

I'm a fairly new 'returnee' to handguns..sold my S&W model 39 about 40 years ago but came back via son..with his G17 and G43..I'm a BIG fan of simple, not expensive, reliable, easy and FUN to shoot..'tools not trophys'..again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, minderasr said:

As the saying goes: I show my 1911 to my friends, I show my Glock to my enemies.

Love me some 1911 goodness.  But I carry a Glock.

I used to think all semi-autos were "Jam-o-matics" but that isn't always true with 1911's. I've found USGI 1911's to be 100 percent reliable as long as you have a decent magazine in them and if a 1911 isn't reliable with a Wilson magazine then there's a problem with the gun and it needs to be fixed. The 1911 I own is 100 Percent reliable but so is my Glock and the 24 ounce 4 inch barreled Glock 23 is easier to carry than a 39 ounce 5 inch barreled government model.

I also like the point and shoot simplicity of the Glock carry mode, and once I learned how to shoot the Glock trigger proficiently, I prefer it to the cocked and locked carry mode of a 1911 and vastly prefer it to any DA/SA/Decocker crunchenticker.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I used to think all semi-autos were "Jam-o-matics" but that isn't always true with 1911's. I've found USGI 1911's to be 100 percent reliable as long as you have a decent magazine in them and if a 1911 isn't reliable with a Wilson magazine then there's a problem with the gun and it needs to be fixed. The 1911 I own is 100 Percent reliable but so is my Glock and the 24 ounce 4 inch barreled Glock 23 is easier to carry than a 39 ounce 5 inch barreled government model.

I also like the point and shoot simplicity of the Glock carry mode, and once I learned how to shoot the Glock trigger proficiently, I prefer it to the cocked and locked carry mode of a 1911 and vastly prefer it to any DA/SA/Decocker crunchenticker.

Rented a Colt 1911 this last Saturday, just to see, cuz I never shot one..Nice, heavy, accurate. Only one FTF in 100 rounds...oops. Then shot some essentuially free reloads out of G-19..300 rounds..zero failures..Son there with his -17 and -43..samo..

I like the , "I show my 1911 to my friends, I show my Glock to my enemies"...the whole decock/safety/different trigger pull gig..for defensive carry, when seconds count..I'll keep a 'plastic striker', thanks. 

• Like 1

I'm on a couple of other firearms forums and it seems with every thread involving a Glock pistol or one in which the virtues of a Glock pistol are mentioned, there will be a few people that have so much hate and personal vitriol towards Glocks that they have to chime in and rant.
I don't get it.  There are dozens of striker-fired polymer pistols on the market today and most are very similar to the Glock pattern, yet mention you bought a new Beretta APX and crickets.  Mention you bought a Glock and people will start making snide comments about tupperware and kool-aid(?).
They remind me of people who hate Donald Trump.  Any mention of the name and they are triggered and HAVE to make a snide comment.
Yet I have never gone into a thread that someone is bragging about their new $2500 1911 (although it's having feeding issues, it will break-in after a few hundred rounds...) and start dragging it down.
Well here is one that's not.
I will be 65 by the end of the month. I have been weeding out Smith and Wesson, Beretta, H&K, Kimber and going exclusively Glocks.
And yes I am for the wall, the right to bear arms and a Trump supporter.
I dare to let my sheepish family who don't own a firearm say," WTSHTF", they will come to my home for Security.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1