WTF is wrong with my new Glock??

PNWguy

When I rack the slide, the trigger is not resetting about 75% of the time.  It was fine yesterday.  I removed the slide to take the barrel out tonight to test some reloads and put it back together, like I have hundreds of times with Glocks.  It's not rocket science.

But now, rack the slide, and nothing.  Rack the slide fast, slow, with or without magazine and no difference.  Sometimes it resets the trigger, but most of the time it doesn't.

Internals are all stock.  Did some light polishing of the connector when I first got it, but it was 100% at the range.  

Cannot figure it out.  The firing pin safety plunger feels a bit like the spring is binding; that's the only anomaly I can find.  

It just suddenly stopped functioning.  I've compared photos to other Gen 5s online and everything looks good.  Really at a loss and hate to have to return it to Glock if it's something stupid that I did, but I don't see any other option at this point. 

I've never had a problem with any Glock over the past three decades.

S-nN-yDrTRqD1_ySVoUCGw.jpg.79e31a63f69306e1eef288484cb8fc13.jpg

Figured it out.

Totally my fault.  When putting the trigger connector assembly back in, I didn't get it seated underneath properly.

I shot 100 rounds the other day at the range with it reassembled improperly.  Amazing.

This is what it should look like...

IMG_0654.JPG.194eaedaadd02a229c430000fdcb818a.JPG

Back to 100% despite my best effort to screw it up...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 1:25 AM, PNWguy said:

Figured it out.

Totally my fault.  When putting the trigger connector assembly back in, I didn't get it seated underneath properly.

I shot 100 rounds the other day at the range with it reassembled improperly.  Amazing.

This is what it should look like...

IMG_0654.JPG.194eaedaadd02a229c430000fdcb818a.JPG

Back to 100% despite my best effort to screw it up...

Nice to see that a photograph I posted on that "other" forum some years ago is still of instructional value to some people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, t4terrific said:

People have to go the Glock Talk to get answers?

If the information is helpful, then what does it matter where it comes from.

Just because we might not agree with some of the current practices on a website doesn't invalidate the history that has taken place.  Kind of like confederate statues being torn down, trying to appease the current generation doesn't change what happened in the past.

4 hours ago, t4terrific said:

People have to go the Glock Talk to get answers?

No, of course not. if you  used any of the major search engines you could probably find an answer to any amount of problems. However, you have to admit there is a mountain of good info to be found on Glocktalk along with a lot of junk of course.  I posted that particular photograph four years ago this month. I am just pleased to see it is still helping some people.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...