It's Going To Get Worse

Jammersix

This article comes close to admitting that things are going to get worse. The NRA simply isn't the powerhouse it used to be.

"What has made the news is that the NRA, after having a stranglehold on our politics for decades, is officially on the run here. So expect the anti-gunner experiments to continue."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/a-test-tube-for-anti-gunners-how-washington-state-voters-have-the-nra-on-the-run/

• Like 1

Ted Nugent speaks for you. He'll never speak for me.

The NRA just got its collective ass handed to it this election cycle here in Washington state. It just isn't the powerhouse it used to be, and it isn't nearly as effective. At best, it's now a reactive force. At worst, it's a waste of money. A ponzi scheme. A waste of your money, not mine. Because of that, the article called what's happening here accurately, and as technique is perfected, you can expect to see it next month, next year, next election cycle or next administration in your state. You can observe and understand the opposition, or you can live with the law they write. The NRA doesn't bother. They now depend more on rationalizing their losses and trying to place blame than in creating wins.

If they're going to run a training program, they need to pay attention to feedback from instructors about curriculum. They don't. 

And finally, they're still wasting your money. My instructor creds are still current, apparently, in spite of the fact that I haven't been a member for almost ten years.

17 minutes ago, crockett said:

Why do gun owners read crap from known left-wing bull**** outlets?

Because it's not bull. The initiative really passed. The NRA really got beat, for exactly the reasons explained in the article. There really is a sea change underway, and ignoring it won't make it go away. Ignoring it will just allow new gun control law to be written.

Can't help you with the attention span thing.

Edited by Jammersix

19 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Because it's not bull. The initiative really passed. The NRA really got beat, for exactly the reasons explained in the article. There really is a sea change underway, and ignoring it won't make it go away. Ignoring it will just allow new gun control law to be written.

Can't help you with the attention span thing.

I'm a member of the NRA, GOA and Second Amendment Foundation, doing out of the line donations as well. I have called the NRA and asked them to do more a few times too. On a local level I even risked a $1,000 fine from my HOA over a large political "DeSantis for Governor" sign in my yard, when I ignored their letter and kept it up until after the elections recount. For now, we stayed red in Florida. The alternative would have banned any AR style rifles right away. And I would have moved if that Gillum ******* would have been our next governor.

My company will be exhibiting at SHOT in just 1 months. Do you have ANY idea what it takes to get from their very long waiting list to a booth? My company sponsors many 3 gun and long range matches as well as shooters, and we actively promote shooting sports as well as the 2nd.

Again, I do not waste my time anymore with known left wing bullshit, from left winger pseudo news.

Do you live in or close to Seattle? If so, how can you support a shithole like that with your taxes? Assuming you are paying state and local taxes. And where are you on the political scale? What are you doing for our rights...?

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

To be clear, you don't know what we're discussing, right? You want to call names, you want to brag, but you didn't read the article, are those statements correct?

If those items are correct, (and I have no reason to doubt your word when you claimed you didn't read the article) have a good day.

Edited by Jammersix

14 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

To be clear, you don't know what we're discussing, right? You want to call names, you want to brag, but you didn't read the article, are those statements correct?

If they are correct, (and I have no reason to doubt your word when you made the claims) have a good day.

Call names? What did I call you?

Again, what are you doing for our rights? The longer I think about your past posts, the more I think that YOU don't do **** about our rights.

I just pulled up some of your posts on GT. Would you like to link some more crap from Washington Post and New York Times?

Off to the ignore list you go. As I said.. a waste...

Edited by crockett

In economics, it's called a "Free Rider".  If you still have the ability to purchase and own a firearm, thank the NRA.  If you complain that the NRA doesn't have enough power and has limited political influence, yet refuse to join or contribute anything, I think we know where the problem lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The NRA doesn't need to be infiltrated when there are millions more gun owners/freeloaders actively attacking their utility and worth in the public spaces.

I would ask again, what other pro gun groups do you support? Stop promoting the anti-gunners and their "victories".

Don't turn this sight into geetee. Seriously, do it somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is disturbing about this is what it implies.

Russian Intelligence looked at America, and decided that easiest, fastest, most cost efficient way to gain influence over the president of the United States was to infiltrate the NRA. Not a political party. Not the Republicans, not the Democrats. The NRA, and use that tool to serve the NRA's votes up on a platter, whichever way Russia wants them.

The NRA and president Trump are a perfect match. But the NRA's votes have been manipulated. They went the way Russia wanted them to go.

Edited by Jammersix

5 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Russian Intelligence looked at America, and decided that easiest, fastest, most cost efficient way to gain influence over the president of the United States was to infiltrate the NRA. Not a political party. Not the Republicans, not the Democrats. The NRA, and use that tool to serve the NRA's votes up on a platter, whichever way Russia wants them.

The NRA and president Trump are a perfect match. But the NRA's votes have been manipulated. They went the way Russia wanted them to go.

They might have gone the same way as the Russians wanted, but they also went the same way that their members wanted, just because it happens to coincide with what Russia wants doesn't mean that Russia had any real influence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jammersix said:

You don’t think they have anybody in NARAL?

planned parenthood, moms against gun violence, any other group with political avenues to exploit?

1 hour ago, Jammersix said:

I don't know what NARAL is. If there are other infiltrations, they haven't been caught. Must not be very effective.

You will hear about the rights organizations infiltration.  Never the lefts

(NARAL is a pro abortion group giving millions to Democrooks)

There are quite a few anti-NRA gun owners in New York.  They felt abandoned by the NRA when Cuomo imposed the SAFE Act in the dead of night.  It seems as if they didn't even try to fight the law.  The feckless local affiliate (NYS Rifle and Pistol Association) was equally useless.

With that said, I haven't given up hope (see signature), sending donations when I can.  I also use Amazon Smile to continually send money to the Second Amendment Foundation.  The irony of the liberal Amazon sending money to a pro gun association makes me smile.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, Cougar_ml said:

They might have gone the same way as the Russians wanted, but they also went the same way that their members wanted, just because it happens to coincide with what Russia wants doesn't mean that Russia had any real influence.

I go along with that.

If it's a fact that this is what the membership of the NRA really wants, and if Ted really is speaking for you, (which is what you guys elected him to do, so it's a fair assumption) then I made a wise choice when I withdrew from membership.

The rest of it, how they waste your money while they ask you for more, is secondary to the way our political aims don't line up. 

I'm simply not a one issue voter, and have little respect for those that are. The older I get, the more sides I see, the more views I recognize, and the more the black and white blends into gray.

Issues of national policy, race relations, sex discrimination, treason, education and inclusion (to name some issues, certainly not all) are of importance to me, but the NRA is that one-issue voter, and the ends simply does not justify the means. The NRA needs to become an ethical body again before I'll be interested.

Those are the things I teach, those are the things I believe.

It's becoming clearer, since you wrote your post that the NRA was influenced during the 2016 election by Russian intelligence.

Good luck.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:42 AM, fortyofforty said:

In economics, it's called a "Free Rider".  If you still have the ability to purchase and own a firearm, thank the NRA.  If you complain that the NRA doesn't have enough power and has limited political influence, yet refuse to join or contribute anything, I think we know where the problem lies.

I have often found that those that  bitch the loudest and the most often about the NRA, "Where was the NRA"?, "What's the NRA doing about it"?, "Why didn't the NRA do something to stop this"?, ect., are usually not even NRA members.

It's Akin to those that bitch about Politicians and the Condition of their country, but are to lazy to get off the couch and get down to the voting booth. Their opinion is less than worthless.

I find it best just to ignore those that are loudmouthed and useless.

• Like 1