Boulder residents have days to comply with order to ‘certify’ rifles as deadline looms

steve4102

Residents of Boulder, Colorado who refuse to comply with a state order to “certify” their so-called assault rifles this month could face fines, jail and confiscation of their firearms.

Following through on an “assault weapons” ban passed in May, the Boulder city council is requiring residents who already owned prohibited rifles, pistols, and shotguns to certify them with the police by December 27 or face repercussions, according to the Denver Post.

The sale or possession of assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump stocks was banned earlier this year and weapons already owned by Boulder residents were grandfathered in, allowing until the end of the year for a certificate to be obtained.

After the deadline, anyone found possessing a non-certified, banned weapon could face a fine up to $1,000 and 90 days in jail, according to City Attorney Tom Carr. The banned weapons may also be confiscated and destroyed after the owner is convicted.

Carr and Police Chief Greg Testa have reportedly admitted the limits of enforcing the ban and getting residents to comply with the order to certify their firearms.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/12/05/boulder-residents-have-days-to-comply-with-order-to-certify-rifles-as-deadline-looms-699793

Boulder represents the worst of the cancer that is infesting Colorado. It is a place to stop and buy liquor and food, on the way from DEN to RMNP.

The whole town just reeks of progressives, and "enlightened" folks.

I love a lot of Colorado, and intend to be a landowner out there in the next few years, but that hippie **** will STOP at my front gate.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Suspect Unknown said:

The NRA and GOA should challenge the ban, before the CO Supreme Court. The take it to the US Supreme Court, if it is upheld.

Strange.  I haven't seen them actively fighting New York's new crackdown, California goofy guns, and Colorado's capacity ban.

• Like 2

This BS is going nationwide.  Which is why I bought a jig and am buying at least 2, 80% lowers a month.  I can strip my rifles and turn in  lowers cut in half with visible serial numbers for compliance, problem solved!

Ammo is cheap right now.  If demorats get White House ammo will get scarce if not gone...again.  Start stocking up NOW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

"Pay back Caesar's things to Caesar, but God's things to God."

~Jesucristo, in the Good Book

:poke:

But in all seriousness, it does appear that the NRA has just let the last few infringements just pass on by without even a sigh. This thing will eventually boil over, maybe not in Colorado, CA, or NY, but it will, somewhere, when the wrong person gets arrested.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tadbart said:

it does appear that the NRA has just let the last few infringements just pass on by without even a sigh.

What do you want the NRA to do about it?

With over 80 Million gun owners in American and only 5 million members, I would say they are spread pretty thin with their limited finances.

They certainly do not have the resources or the time to fight battles on the Municipal and city level.   

The so called high capacity magazine ban was in 2013, which is when I started to make preparations to remove all attachments I had to the state, after nearly three decades.  With the election of Jared Poleass as governor, things will continue to circle closer to the drain.  

Republicans and conservatives failed to mount any counteroffensive against the liberal onslaught.  Having been involved in the background of politics, I am well aware of their misguided attempts to run soft or cooky libertarians in an attempt to gain a vote or two from fringe groups, which effectively amounted to total surrender.

John, the coward, Chickenschtuper will be looking for a spot on the 2020 ticket.