Trump treating deficit like his chapter 11 runs

Moeman

During the campaign Trump talked about the debt numerous times. Making a big deal of Obama doubling the national debt.

his followers and talk show hosts made a huge deal of the debt. He even said he would pay it off in nine years. His followers chanted the story and outrage at the condition of the debt.

but now; The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office. “Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt…Several people close to the president, both within and outside his administration, confirmed that the national debt has never bothered him in a truly meaningful way, despite his public lip service. “I never once heard him talk about the debt,” one former senior White House official attested.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/12/06/report-trump-says-he-doesnt-care-about-the-national-debt-because-the-crisis-will-hit-after-hes-gone-n2537038

those same talk show host and the faithful now say that Trump is just saying what everybody else has done, Trump is being honest, just stating facts.

there is nothing Trump can say, tweet, not say, do, not do, flip on, fail to do, etc.

that will not be ignored, forgiven, or justified.

just like the Obamaites we made fun of for eight years

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, crockett said:

If I would base my day trading on the bull**** Businessinsider.com is rolling out, I'd be in debt as well. They are the CNN equivalent for the left wingers at Wall Street.

Bunch of he said she said bull**** from 2017. Way to go.

So you think upping debt in good times is fine? Suppose for now... but what about the future?