Principal banned candy canes because 'J' shape stands 'for Jesus.'

pipedreams

Here we go again, and candy canes was just one item banned.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-principal-banned-candy-canes-because-j-shape-stands-for-jesus-but-that-was-just-for-starters

"We are pleased that Elkhorn Public Schools promptly reversed Principal Jennifer Sinclair's unconstitutional directive, and required compliance with the Constitution,"

• Thanks 1

So they want to be inclusive.  I understand that.   Here's the quote.

"Manchester Elementary will be seek to be "inclusive and culturally sensitive to all of our students."

So instead of having a history lesson about various customs and celebrations that take place at this time...perhaps Christmas, Hanukkah, etc....we do none of it?

You missed a phenomenal chance to teach, inclusive, culturally sensitive material.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Here we go again, and candy canes was just one item banned.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-principal-banned-candy-canes-because-j-shape-stands-for-jesus-but-that-was-just-for-starters

"We are pleased that Elkhorn Public Schools promptly reversed Principal Jennifer Sinclair's unconstitutional directive, and required compliance with the Constitution,"

I didn't read where she refused to accept her pay, because U. S. currency states, "In God We Trust"!

So, she doesn't really have the standards she purports to have.  She's a simple hypocrite at the least.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Please reflect on what you've already copied, prepped and posted," Sinclair concluded. "I'm hopeful we can avoid the discomfort of me directly questioning something you've copied, posted and had your kids do. That makes me uncomfortable, and I know it doesn't feel good." She signed the memo, "The (Unintentional) Grinch who stole Christmas (from Manchester)."

I would make her all kinds of uncomfortable.  I would have to go buy special Christmas outfits for my kids and instruct them to sing Christmas carols whenever they were not in class.

Freaking jack booted principals need to take their tin pot and go dictate to the bums in the park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A candy cane only looks like the letter J when it's upside down and possibly backwards. So it figures that some one who habitually has their head up their arse and sees things upside down and bass-ackwards would have that sort of warped perception.

And a normal person would actually have to go to great lengths to be offended by it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And just to be certain of how much she hates Christians/Christmas, in the specifically allowed section it listed:  

• Holidays Around the World — purposeful presentation of information to teach about different cultures  

But it also listed that "snowflakes" are allowed, so the kids are more than welcome to do artwork of their principal.

Edited by Cougar_ml
  • Like 1

Elkhorn elementary principal put on leave for banning Santa, candy canes, and other Christmas decorations

OMAHA, Neb. —

"The principal of Manchester Elementary in Elkhorn is on administrative leave after sending a directive to staff to ban certain religious Christmas decorations in the classrooms.

District spokesperson Kara Perchal said Jennifer Sinclair is a new principal and did not consult with administrators about school policy concerning the handling of religious holiday themes."

https://www.ketv.com/article/elkhorn-elementary-principal-put-on-leave-for-banning-santa-candy-canes-and-other-christmas-decorations/25424233

• Like 1