Avoid Women at All Costs

steve4102

Interesting thread. I heard Rush saying this the other day and it certainly fits the times we now find ourselves in. I've been divorced for 15 years now and although I absolutely loved the whole marriage ideals (two people sharing life, working together towards goals, companionship etc etc) I now am not only extremely leery of any woman I don't already know but don't even want to waste the time to attempt to get to know them.

Even with my flaws, which are numerous I assure you, I've been told that I was a "great catch". That comment really got me thinking. Apparently I'm something that needs to be baited, hooked, landed and hauled aboard a womans boat, only to later discover I'm there to do all the rowing.

Maybe it's a good thing the dating prospects around here suck.

• Like 4

The last woman that showed true interest in me was a 23 year old girl. I could have been easily her dad. She obviously was in search for a fully established host for her shopping list, possibly even looking for a made nest, for her early need for kids.

We had this larger group of folks working in the local hospitality industry. While I never worked in it, I did run my business out of a couple bars and restaurants for many years. All I needed was my laptop and cell phone. Working with a view, friends around, cold drinks as well as good food is a great fun.

Anyways, somehow I got into this group and was constantly invited to parties, after hour sprees, to night clubs and whatnot. And she was part of this group. One night she asked me if I could give her a ride back home on my bike. I didn't think about it much and agreed. Then, on the ride to her apartment, she had her hands all over me. I'm still surprised that I didn't crash. I could have easily had a great night right there, but knew that I could never establish anything meaningful with her. Well, besides sex and going out. Luckily I only had a couple drinks, could think straight, dropped her off, and left right away.

After that night she avoided me like the pest. I might have been the first guy who didn't jump on her bones first offer. She was hot!

All that was left from that night, was a scratched up tail section on my Ducati, from the bling on her jeans, worth about $900. Much cheaper than any other outcome.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, crockett said:

4 long-term relationships including a marriage was enough of a sample size for me, to finally understand that modern society ruined any gender roles. I have no desire to be nagged, directed or dictated by a woman, mainly out of pure entitlement, and often lagging knowledge, experience or common sense.

Men and women are not equal, never have been, never will be. It's biological. Both have different strengths and weaknesses, for a reason. Feminism not only tries to eliminate longstanding gender roles, it actuality overrides and over-bends any standing logic. Look at the results in the most recent generations. A bunch of young men are now living in a video game world, can't change a tire, some even don't have an interest in getting a driver licensee, prefer to stay with the parents for many year, and sometimes even dress rather like a female in skinny jeans and whatnot.

I'm not willing to have kids under these conditions, or to partake in a relationship with this new nonsense "norm".

I don't mind equal rights, not at all. But I don't need a women telling me how to run my life, or anything else for that matter. All of them tried, one way or another.

There is literally nothing that I can't do by myself. Usually much better as well. My house is now cleaner than in any relationship, I eat and live much healthier, no alcohol, more exercise, zero nagging, no drama, no PMS, no blaming, no arguments, no lame compromises, no stress, more time for me, more time for work, no begging, no hiding, no asking, much more success in my business, more money, more hobbies, more tools and toys. The list is long.

I respect your post... but... having a kid really puts life in perspective. One grows up with them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

It's threads like these that almost persuade me to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of my life with.

#1 - Because so many women have done so much irreparable damage to the reputation of the female gender as a whole, that I will never be given and fair shake, and

#2 - Because so many men assign all of the undesirable traits and behaviors these same women represent to all females as a whole, and therefore will never be given a fair shake.

I am saddened to read this, ma'am, and I hope and pray that you find happiness.

There are good men out there, but, as others have mentioned, we live in a world where we must fear women.

Were I operating my business today I would not hire a woman where in the past, I hired many.  My only criteria was, what can you do to add value to my business?  That you possessed a uterus was never a consideration.  Science is the same for all of us.

I had the great fortune to hear Admiral Grace Hopper speak on a number of occasions.  She never whined about how hard it was for a woman, how she was demeaned or harassed, how evil the men she worked with were, Her constant advice was: find stuff to make and then make stuff work.  A remarkable person.

Best wishes to you, ma'am.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely cannot fathom that in today's climate of hypersensitivity to sexual harassment, that my company has ignored several complaints against one of it's supervisors.  Outright blatant examples of sexual harassment have been relayed to me, yet this guy not only remains employed, but has recently been promoted. 

The only reason I can come up with is because he's Hispanic.  Maybe they fear being call racist more than the potential lawsuits over sexual harassment?? 

Anyway, I believe sexual harassment is real and continues to be a problem in the workplace.  But I do think in many cases it is taken too far.

• Like 1

I remember when Sexual Harassment in the workplace meant, "Not taking NO for an answer".

Now it means whatever he/she says it means.  It is now a charge without definition or parameters.

Couple that with "Sexual Discrimination" charges for, having an office with no window, to not getting a promotion, etc, and the only real plan of action is to "Avoid Women at All Costs.   

If you are the boss, "Do Not Hire", if you are a coworker stay away and have witnesses, male witnesses.

That's in the workplace. Outside the workplace Is no different, they just call it sexual misconduct, think Kavanaugh. 

They have taken a "real" issue and instead of solving  it, they have taken the terms Harassment and Misconduct and destroyed their "real" meaning and undermined those that have actually suffered from such.

The left has done the same thing with "Racist" and "Racism".  They throw those terms around so much and so often, that they have become meaningless and are now referred to as "cards" instead of truth.

Edited by steve4102

14 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

It's not threads like these that almost persuade you to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of your life with - It's the stupid laws we -Men- have passed that allow you to "spend" your life without finding the good one. Without those idiotic laws, you'd be having a hard time choosing between the many good men wanting to spend their life with you.

Or, you can spend the rest of your life blaming threads like these...

What specific laws are you referring to?

• Like 2

There is a new Wall Street rule for the #MeToo era, and it is: Avoid Women at Costs. It is new policy in many Wall Street firms, avoid women at all costs.

RUSH: A Wall Street Journal story here. It’s a true story: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost.” These are some of the strategies that Wall Street firms have put into place. No more dinners with female colleagues. No sitting next to them on flights. If you travel with a female colleague, book your hotel room on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

A wealth adviser said, just hiring a woman these days is an unknown risk. What if she took something wrong when you say something lightheartedly? It’s being called the Pence Effect. You know, Mike Pence said that he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. They mocked him and they made fun of him. But this is what’s now becoming of the #MeToo movement. Men are not going to take the risk at all, which means not hiring them.

RUSH: No, no. I’m not making any of this up, and I’m not even exaggerating. I’m telling you exactly — this is a story, it’s in Bloomberg, and it is the result of interviews with more than 30 senior executives at Wall Street firms who are totally spooked by the #MeToo movement. They are totally spooked by the fact that five years, 10 years after the fact, women are coming out of the woodwork and are alleging things. And all they have to do is allege and the demand is that we believe them like during the Kavanaugh circumstance.

If there is travel, business travel, either separate flights, separate classes of the airplane, and different floors in the hotel. These are just some of the policies that have been implemented. Of course there’s gonna be a backlash to this. “Why, this is discrimination. This is unfair to women. They’re not gonna have promotional opportunities.” Yeah, that may be. Even a promotion could be seen in 10 years, “He didn’t really intend it. He was just trying to buy his way into my apartment,” or what have you. I mean, the allegation can be anything. So even a promotion could be said to be insincere with ulterior motives.

“Stephen Zweig, an employment attorney with FordHarrison –” what is FordHarrison? Probably some consulting group. Consult on men and women working alone. “If men avoid working or traveling with women alone, or stop mentoring women for fear of being accused of sexual harassment, those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/04/the-new-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era/

The remedy for insuring that companies meet diversity/equal opportunity quotas is to hire token staff that are so simple minded that they are incapable of guile and deception.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, crockett said:

4 long-term relationships including a marriage was enough of a sample size for me, to finally understand that modern society ruined any gender roles. I have no desire to be nagged, directed or dictated by a woman, mainly out of pure entitlement, and often lagging knowledge, experience or common sense.

Men and women are not equal, never have been, never will be. It's biological. Both have different strengths and weaknesses, for a reason. Feminism not only tries to eliminate longstanding gender roles, it actuality overrides and over-bends any standing logic. Look at the results in the most recent generations. A bunch of young men are now living in a video game world, can't change a tire, some even don't have an interest in getting a driver licensee, prefer to stay with the parents for many year, and sometimes even dress rather like a female in skinny jeans and whatnot.

I'm not willing to have kids under these conditions, or to partake in a relationship with this new nonsense "norm".

I don't mind equal rights, not at all. But I don't need a women telling me how to run my life, or anything else for that matter. All of them tried, one way or another.

There is literally nothing that I can't do by myself. Usually much better as well. My house is now cleaner than in any relationship, I eat and live much healthier, no alcohol, more exercise, zero nagging, no drama, no PMS, no blaming, no arguments, no lame compromises, no stress, more time for me, more time for work, no begging, no hiding, no asking, much more success in my business, more money, more hobbies, more tools and toys. The list is long.

I have a lot of respect for you so don’t take this the wrong way, but that post makes me sad for you.

I’m happily married, 20 years in June. My wife and I have three children and a fairly traditional relationship. We both work, but I bring home most of the bacon. She cooks and takes care of the house, I keep the yard up and keep mechanical stuff working or replaced. We both take care of the kids. 

I wouldn’t trade that (drama, arguments, stress and all) for more money, hobbies or business success.

To be fair my first wife was crazy and definitely married me with an eye towards ‘molding’ me into the type of ‘man’ she preferred.  That didn’t last long.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I have a lot of respect for you so don’t take this the wrong way, but that post makes me sad for you.

I’m happily married, 20 years in June. My wife and I have three children and a fairly traditional relationship. We both work, but I bring home most of the bacon. She cooks and takes care of the house, I keep the yard up and keep mechanical stuff working or replaced. We both take care of the kids. 

I wouldn’t trade that (drama, arguments, stress and all) for more money, hobbies or business success.

To be fair my first wife was crazy and definitely married me with an eye towards ‘molding’ me into the type of ‘man’ she preferred.  That didn’t last long.

I'm glad that things are working out on your end. You may have been lucky with your wife.

Most guys won't feel content being single for the rest of their life. It took me a while, but now I'm literately incompatible for any relationship. Just the thought of any woman living in my house freaks me out. I'd probably move out within a couple days. That being said, my personality type is INTJ. People of this genre are notorious for doing everything by themselves. We also usually hate small talk, and personal interaction usually drains us, unlike extroverted types.

I love the TV show Home Improvement. Watching the show once a year is enough family for me. :)

Edited by crockett

On 12/5/2018 at 6:15 PM, Foxterriermom said:

It's threads like these that almost persuade me to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of my life with.

#1 - Because so many women have done so much irreparable damage to the reputation of the female gender as a whole, that I will never be given and fair shake, and

#2 - Because so many men assign all of the undesirable traits and behaviors these same women represent to all females as a whole, and therefore will never be given a fair shake.

This guy covers a lot of ground in 20 min.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, astepup said:

Interesting thread. I heard Rush saying this the other day and it certainly fits the times we now find ourselves in. I've been divorced for 15 years now and although I absolutely loved the whole marriage ideals (two people sharing life, working together towards goals, companionship etc etc) I now am not only extremely leery of any woman I don't already know but don't even want to waste the time to attempt to get to know them.

Even with my flaws, which are numerous I assure you, I've been told that I was a "great catch". That comment really got me thinking. Apparently I'm something that needs to be baited, hooked, landed and hauled aboard a womans boat, only to later discover I'm there to do all the rowing.

Maybe it's a good thing the dating prospects around here suck.

Women can simply be friends too... balance

17 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm glad that things are working out on your end. You may have been lucky with your wife.

Most guys won't feel content being single for the rest of their life. It took me a while, but now I'm literately incompatible for any relationship. Just the thought of any woman living in my house freaks me out. I'd probably move out within a couple days. That being said, my personality type is INTJ. People of this genre are notorious for doing everything by themselves. We also usually hate small talk, and personal interaction usually drains us, unlike extroverted types.

I love the TV show Home Improvement. Watching the show once a year is enough family for me. :)

OK... wish you the best, but the best for a man is to have a women. That simple.

• Like 1