Avoid Women at All Costs

steve4102

There is a new Wall Street rule for the #MeToo era, and it is: Avoid Women at Costs. It is new policy in many Wall Street firms, avoid women at all costs.

RUSH: A Wall Street Journal story here. It’s a true story: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost.” These are some of the strategies that Wall Street firms have put into place. No more dinners with female colleagues. No sitting next to them on flights. If you travel with a female colleague, book your hotel room on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

A wealth adviser said, just hiring a woman these days is an unknown risk. What if she took something wrong when you say something lightheartedly? It’s being called the Pence Effect. You know, Mike Pence said that he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. They mocked him and they made fun of him. But this is what’s now becoming of the #MeToo movement. Men are not going to take the risk at all, which means not hiring them.

RUSH: No, no. I’m not making any of this up, and I’m not even exaggerating. I’m telling you exactly — this is a story, it’s in Bloomberg, and it is the result of interviews with more than 30 senior executives at Wall Street firms who are totally spooked by the #MeToo movement. They are totally spooked by the fact that five years, 10 years after the fact, women are coming out of the woodwork and are alleging things. And all they have to do is allege and the demand is that we believe them like during the Kavanaugh circumstance.

If there is travel, business travel, either separate flights, separate classes of the airplane, and different floors in the hotel. These are just some of the policies that have been implemented. Of course there’s gonna be a backlash to this. “Why, this is discrimination. This is unfair to women. They’re not gonna have promotional opportunities.” Yeah, that may be. Even a promotion could be seen in 10 years, “He didn’t really intend it. He was just trying to buy his way into my apartment,” or what have you. I mean, the allegation can be anything. So even a promotion could be said to be insincere with ulterior motives.

“Stephen Zweig, an employment attorney with FordHarrison –” what is FordHarrison? Probably some consulting group. Consult on men and women working alone. “If men avoid working or traveling with women alone, or stop mentoring women for fear of being accused of sexual harassment, those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/04/the-new-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era/

10 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

What do you think the women you worked with you say/do if you displayed your avatar for them to see?

Nothing, they would not be mildly surprised.  Most women are not for this #metoo ****, I stay well away from any that are.  The women I work with know I would not only not harass them, I would not allow them to be harassed.

As usual it is a few bad eggs ruining it for everyone.

• Like 1

That basically has been my motto for the past 5 years. I have zero desire for any consequences, be it drama, jealousy, control freak issues, emotional retaliation, entitlement crap, surprise babies or some made up lies down the road. As we say in day trading: the risk / margin ratio is way off.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, crockett said:

That basically has been my motto for the past 5 years. I have zero desire for any consequences, be it drama, jealousy, control freak issues, emotional retaliation, entitlement crap, surprise babies or some made up lies down the road. As we say in day trading: the risk / margin ratio is way off.

The Pence affect.

Never be alone, ever.

• Like 2

I must add, men do have their part in this.  I have witnessed plenty of **** head behavior and heard about plenty more.  Guys making all kinds of crass comments about women etc.  They expect me to go along with it and I generally look at them disgusted and say "she is married dude, watch your mouth".  I will joke about a lot of things but I try to treat women the way I expect my wife to be treated.  If I ran into harvey jacking it in front of that girl in the hall he would have gotten a serious beating.  I hope most men do not allow that ****, women should not be afraid to be around men.

• Like 2

I read about this a few days ago.

Honestly there was one line that really got to me - from the article:

"Men have to step up, she said, and “not let fear be a barrier.”'

My simple question is - why?  Why do they "HAVE TO" step up?  What's his motivation?  Personally I value my job more than I value helping someone advance.

I understand that it is a minority of women who would make a false accusation.  But we are seeing stories now about men getting #MeToo'd for all kinds of crap.  And from years ago.  Why risk it?

Like many things, #MeToo had noble beginnings.  But it has gone off the rails in some cases.  And nobody wins when that happens.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

And all things old are new again...

He-Man-Woman-Haters-Club-Report.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

Why risk it?

Like many things, #MeToo had noble beginnings.  But it has gone off the rails in some cases.  And nobody wins when that happens.

Why risk it, is the point of the article, Men are in a No Win situation here, unless they "Avoid Women at All Costs".

Hind site is 20-20, but it doesn't take a genius to see where this whole movement was headed and now we are here.

Edited by steve4102
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, blackjack said:

And all things old are new again...

He-Man-Woman-Haters-Club-Report.jpg

Nope. I'm content, and indifferent. I do not care what women do, as long as they don't enter my life.

Even though I'm not a member, this comes close to my position: It's called MGTOW. Men Going Their Own Way.

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.

https://www.mgtow.com/

• Like 4

I am married.  I don't chase trim or strange.  I am not worried.  I had a woman try really hard to be a FLETC bang.  She didn't know how to take "no" for an answer.  She didn't care that I was married.  She didn't care that I told her I don't run around on my wife.  So, I told her she looked my sister, and then she finally left me alone.  The picture is up on my extensive "me" wall in my office.  My wife refers to her as "the whore" and that academy picture sits low almost behind the other computer monitor.  The only other woman that pursued me was when I was at NMSU years ago, was a female instructor who said she wanted a baby, but not a relationship, and asked if I was up for it.  Turned her down.  Honestly, I never trusted female instructors or professors.  They were either man eaters, or man haters, there was no in between.  I was forced into "viewing a wider" world by the Undergraduate Program, even though I had two degrees I was working on at the time.  So, I ended up in a Economic class that was all Greek to me.  The girl next to me got crap grades, but she knew her stuff.  I was lost as last year's Ishtar Egg.  But, I received A's and B's.  I think it was because the Instructor was hoping for that non-committal baby.  If she only knew what bad genes I have, that I found out later in life, she would have been the one potentially screwed.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

It is the goal of the Left to break down society by causing conflict between different "groups", whether it be social/economic, religious, racial, or based on gender or sexual preference. And the Left is relentless in pursuing this goal. and they've been at it since the sixties. The whole feminist movement was designed to convince women that men were evil and to elicit a reaction from men to either alienate them from women or to forfeit their masculinity to conform with the "Feminist" ideal which is for women to see themselves as perpetual victims capable of relating only to "Non-threatening" men.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BamaBud said:

To feminists, the best solution is to get rid of all men, especially old, white men.

This is the funny part.  Then who will buy them crap to make them happy?   Men spend much money on women just to get empty promises.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I won't be alone with any woman, not my wife, without a door left open.  I won't allowed men and women, who are not a married couple, work alone together.  I don't call women into my office for a chat or evaluation without another woman present.  I tell them the female observer is there to protect their rights.  I have had these policies in my business for 25 years

• Like 5

It's threads like these that almost persuade me to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of my life with.

#1 - Because so many women have done so much irreparable damage to the reputation of the female gender as a whole, that I will never be given and fair shake, and

#2 - Because so many men assign all of the undesirable traits and behaviors these same women represent to all females as a whole, and therefore will never be given a fair shake.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Foxterriermom said:

It's threads like these that almost persuade me to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of my life with.

#1 - Because so many women have done so much irreparable damage to the reputation of the female gender as a whole, that I will never be given and fair shake, and

#2 - Because so many men assign all of the undesirable traits and behaviors these same women represent to all females as a whole, and therefore will never be given a fair shake.

Unfortunately when you don't know who is likely to kill your career and bring down disaster on you. without your being able to respond. you must put your life's work ahead of anything that would jeopardize it.  Any woman under the same circumstances would do the same.  

It's the old story where if you tell me who is the problem, then I will avoid all contact with that particular person, and maintain cordial relations with all others.  However, until I know who wishes to destroy me, I must avoid all, for my self preservation.

This became a problem  when some women got a very public voice and then demanded that any woman that made any accusation against a man, must be believed without proof.  Therefore, any man that is accused is deemed to be guilty without a defense.

Who in his right mind would stand before an armed mob, not knowing if, or which, one of them wanted him dead.  A prudent mind says avoid the mob at all costs.

Surely, the results of this uncertainty is that some very good people will get shunned.  It is a very real problem, but it was brought on by not knowing who is the enemy.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxterriermom said:

It's not threads like these that almost persuade you to abandon the hope of ever finding a good man to share the rest of your life with - It's the stupid laws we -Men- have passed that allow you to "spend" your life without finding the good one. Without those idiotic laws, you'd be having a hard time choosing between the many good men wanting to spend their life with you.

Or, you can spend the rest of your life blaming threads like these...

4 long-term relationships including a marriage was enough of a sample size for me, to finally understand that modern society ruined any gender roles. I have no desire to be nagged, directed or dictated by a woman, mainly out of pure entitlement, and often lagging knowledge, experience or common sense.

Men and women are not equal, never have been, never will be. It's biological. Both have different strengths and weaknesses, for a reason. Feminism not only tries to eliminate longstanding gender roles, it actuality overrides and over-bends any standing logic. Look at the results in the most recent generations. A bunch of young men are now living in a video game world, can't change a tire, some even don't have an interest in getting a driver licensee, prefer to stay with the parents for many year, and sometimes even dress rather like a female in skinny jeans and whatnot.

I'm not willing to have kids under these conditions, or to partake in a relationship with this new nonsense "norm".

I don't mind equal rights, not at all. But I don't need a women telling me how to run my life, or anything else for that matter. All of them tried, one way or another.

There is literally nothing that I can't do by myself. Usually much better as well. My house is now cleaner than in any relationship, I eat and live much healthier, no alcohol, more exercise, zero nagging, no drama, no PMS, no blaming, no arguments, no lame compromises, no stress, more time for me, more time for work, no begging, no hiding, no asking, much more success in my business, more money, more hobbies, more tools and toys. The list is long.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 6