Minn cops erect racist xmas tree

ASH

Trying to figure out the racist thing.  People who cut down a tree and put inside a house mystify me in the first place.  They put all kinds of crap on it.   So, they decorated it with weird crap.  A lot of people do that.  My kids eat Takis, and Funions:  A lot of people do.  So, I say, meh.  It is a stupid tree in doors, big whoop.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have made the connection if the people that associate themselves with that kind of trash hadn't have pointed out that it reflected on them.

Good thing they didn't put "stupid signs" on the tree, there would be a rush of people identifying with them too.

Nobody can humiliate you without your consent.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

I wouldn't have made the connection if the people that associate themselves with that kind of trash hadn't have pointed out that it reflected on them.

Good thing they didn't put "stupid signs" on the tree, there would be a rush of people identifying with them too.

Nobody can humiliate you without your consent.

We call that, “A bit dog yelps first” where I come from. Giggle or shake your head and move on.

• Like 2

Ever been to the projects?  Ever been inside a convenience store that sells nothing but phone cards, loosey menthol cigarettes, two packs of berry flavored blunts,  steel reserve tall boy singles, glass “rose stems”, white dirt, and Funyuns and pork rinds?  

It’s usually located next to a barber shop and a payday advance fast cash shop. 

If you don’t like the association that was made then do something to change it, but don’t call it racist when its spot on.  The local business models don’t cater to 1% of the local population, they do what’s guaranteed to make them money on as many people as possible.

That being said it was a little low class, and prolly not a smart move to have it displayed in view of the public. Keep that **** in the patrol room. 

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"said in a statement that he was “ashamed and appalled" by the behavior of the two officers involved. "

I was too. But it's still funny as hell. 

And what was all that talk about "changing the narrative"? When I googled the phrase I got results such as "Want To Change Your Life? Change Your Narrative."  BS, change your behavior.

Maybe they've been reading this book...

51hYkTPfJXL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by johnbt

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

I'm still tryna figure out how all them equatorial type folks found their way to freakin Minnesota. Yah?

Duluth, the last time I was there many years ago became very multi-cultural.  I have a Sister-In-Law there on her third marriage, this time inter-racial.  I used to shake my head at the comedian that said, "If you see a fat woman smoking a cigarette, expect a half black baby to come around the corner."  But, when it came to fruition, I was surprised.  I don't have a problem with inter-racial marriages.  Honestly, I think it could eventually solve a lot of problems.  I just don't like my Sister-In-Law.  As Kid Rock said lately, "She is a bitch."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johnbt said:

"Stereotypes are earned, not imagined. "

You're not supposed to notice and comment. Just like when somebody farts in the elevator.

Hey, if you are a little person, you might like that so much.  The elevator smells very different to them than everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've reached the point in our society where, it's fashionable to complain about what other people say and do.  What's apparent, is that carried further, the complaints will be against those complaining.

The children used to play a game much like this.  It was called "Ring Around the Rosy".  It depicts the Black Plague as seen through the eyes of a child.  Every body plays and everybody eventually has the same fate.

In the end, "They all fall down".  This will apply to those who complain also.

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/ring_around_the_rosy.htm

• Like 4

On 12/4/2018 at 8:34 AM, NDcent said:

I had to google Takis. How racist can companies be? I believe we should boycott all these racist companies making such products. No more magnum condoms, Newports, moon pies, RC cola, orange crush, kool-aid, funyuns, air jordans... 

I had no idea what a Taki was either. But don't you touch those Moon Pies. My 80 year old mama still eats those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, tadbart said:

I'm still tryna figure out how all them equatorial type folks found their way to freakin Minnesota. Yah?

They didn't.  They were led on a string that trailed benefits, to go from an equatorial country, to a North country state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1