Netflix cancels Marvel's Daredevil after three seasons

TBO

Don't say you saw this one coming.

Following the cancellations of Marvel's Iron Fist and Luke CageNetflix is now adding Daredevil to the list of departing shows. Despite its third season faring well with critics, Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox as the blind vigilante and Vincent D'Onofrio as his nemesis Kingpin, will not not return for a fourth, according to Deadline Thursday.

"Marvel's Daredevil will not return for a fourth season on Netflix," Netflix said in a statement to Deadline. "We are tremendously proud of the show's last and final season and although it's painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note."

The existing three seasons will remain on Netflix, and the streamer said Matt Murdock and his crime-fighting alias Daredevil "will live on in future projects for Marvel." So there may still be more to come for fans of The Man Without Fear, just potentially not on Netflix.

What Marvel TV series are still alive on Netflix? Jessica Jones, fingers crossed, is still going strong, with two seasons down and a third on its way, and The Punisheris set to return for a second season.

While Netflix's game-changing era of Marvel TV series, which brought us much darker takes on comic book heroes than we've seen in the movies, seems to be coming to an end, there's another kid on the block. Superhero shows are clearly flying over to Disney's new streaming channel Disney+, set to launch in 2019 and possibly planning series starring LokiScarlet Witch and Winter Soldier and Falcon.

Netflix did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

I've watched all of those shows and I'm only sad because Jessica Jones is still alive.  Awful, awful show.  Couldn't get through the first episode she was such an annoying bitch and horrible actress.

Iron fister turned into a silly little drama queen ever 5 minutes,  **** that guy.

Luke cage was a racist and horribly acted circle jerk session for black panther wannabes.

Daredevil was decent and watchable, but got a little tedious the third season.

The Punisher was a great show and looking forward to seeing it continue.  Still not putting his logo on my Glock like some fat COD loser.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PNWguy said:

I've watched all of those shows and I'm only sad because Jessica Jones is still alive.  Awful, awful show.  Couldn't get through the first episode she was such an annoying bitch and horrible actress.

Iron fister turned into a silly little drama queen ever 5 minutes,  **** that guy.

Luke cage was a racist and horribly acted circle jerk session for black panther wannabes.

The Punisher was a great show and looking forward to seeing it continue.  Still not putting his logo on my Glock like some fat COD loser.

I concur with the gentleman from the PNW.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:39 PM, PNWguy said:

The one bright spot is D'Onfrio's Wilson Fisk.

If they brought him into the Punisher series, I would be a happy camper with the cancellation of Daredevil.

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, billkill said:

The one bright spot is D'Onfrio's Wilson Fisk.

If they brought him into the Punisher series, I would be a happy camper with the cancellation of Daredevil.

He did a great job with that role, but I really dislike that liberal douchebag.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, billkill said:

I was blissfully unaware of his politics.

I try not to dwell on such things, but D'Onofrio is a real piece of work. Anyway, I enjoyed his portayal of Fisk. I was just hoping to see a really bloody death for him, in the end. Guess that won't happen now.

• Like 1

I read that online as well. They’ve told others that all Star Wars will only be on the new service. 

As far as I’m concerned they can keep that dumpster fire they created with all the SWJ moments. Anyone see the Han Solo movie? I did with my wife and three other people in the Theater on opening night. Yeah I said three. 

I was seven when I saw the first, and I will always look back fondly on it. But now that they have Lando Calrissian having sex with droids I done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windowasher said:

Rumor is Disney is putting together its own streaming service to compete with the other "on demand" movie sites.  Looks like they are taking all their balls from everybody and going home 

Yeah this isn't up to Netflix.  Disney is stupid though, they had their chance at Netflix.  I won't belong to either anymore although I doubt Hulu and Amazon are any better.  I guess I need to steal all my TV.