Walt Longmire reported missing...

Huaco Kid

LOL!

Tsunami warnings for coastal areas. My bud posted that it was a pretty good shake, and that he was driving inland to Eagle River from south Anchorage to pick up his son from school. Unsure if there's damage to his home in town just yet.

All well in your hood, Smoke?

Edited by tadbart
  • Like 2

Great pics, Stick. Thank you. This one looks bad.  That off ramp is gonna be out of commission for a while, and I hear there is structural damage to a school in town. No word on casualties yet. No power east side of ANC. Airport closed.

All my Alaskans have reported in, still waiting to hear from Walt here...

• Like 1

My bud got up to Eagle River and got his son, they're driving back to town now. Traffic is snarled because of road damage and no lights. Felt a couple aftershocks. He said that this was the first one they've had, that really scared him.

Yeah, Janice. I think that's the ramp to the airport road. Damn.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

Hope Walt checks in soon. Looks like a bad one.

Probably not as bad where he was. He was dozens of miles south. Lots of rocking and rolling, but no reports of damage from the peninsula yet. 

This is the road to my house 

1F5F8E2D-3785-4BDD-A46B-F509E30DBD7D.jpeg

• Sad 3

Damn, Stick. That's BAD. My friend works at the Native hospital off E Tudor, lives over by the airport. Just heard that power is back on in the Dimond area. Runways at ANC appear fine, and the airport is no longer evacuated, flights resuming.

My gut is tore up over this for all you guys.

• Like 5

local facebook page with firsthand reports talk about some bridge damage, as well as a couple residential structure fires. no reports of loss of life, no tsunami.

thank goodness it wasn't worse. still got a lot of stuff to fix and clean up, though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moeman said:

Ouch! Thought this a a joke until I checked the news. One of the hard things is so little daylight this time of year... been there many times and gotta wonder about the roads near water and cars with people taking a spill. 

Luckily it happened at 8:30 as the sun was just coming up, so we should have all of the daylight today to inspect/respond. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

Other than the overpass on minnesota, it sounds like most of the reported bridge damage is partially incorrect. 

They closed bridges to inspect them, but most are being cleared and reopened 

That is GREAT news. I was wondering how my bud got to his kiddo so fast.

Reports of some damage to the highway up toward Palmer, as well. What a mess.

• Like 1