Where's my 10% tax cut?

Paul53

He could have made medical insurance premiums tax deductible much like company provided medical insurance isn't taxable as income and I'd be happy as a puppy with two peckers. 

We'll find out in a couple more months if there's anything in the new code for the middle class. I'm guessing smoke and mirrors.

Gridlock is good for the country in general

much less damage done, just a bunch of political screeching. I hope they pass impeachment once a week, it will never get through the Senate, and be the same as the Republicans passing Obamacare repeals a hundred times with no chance of getting through the Senate. The can be safe to go to the fringe idiocy and not actually do anything.

fun to watch.

Trump had two years of control of the congress and the White House. Same as Obama in 2008. Traditionally they will lose control of one in the first midterms.

what they do with those two years is very telling about their priorities. What they actually want and what issues they want to keep alive for future elections.

Obama got the stimulus and Obamacare. Didn’t fix any liberal touchstones to keep the issue alive

Trump got out of the trade deals and climate agreements, passed a permanent tax cut on businesses, temporary on the middle class. No wall, no withdrawal from overseas, no suppressors, no national reciprocity, gun free zones remain.

just politics, why anybody is surprised was just buying into the Trump Train schtick.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:20 AM, pipedreams said:

People getting a weekly paycheck aren't going to notice 10 percent increase that much.    Didn't that already happen a year or so ago.  Any new tax cut will have to go through the Dem. house of reps. so that not likely to happen.  Can we blame Trump for that?

No. We're not blaming him for failing to get the tax cut.

We're blaming him for lying, and we're blaming him for promising something he couldn't deliver.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

No. We're not blaming him for failing to get the tax cut.

We're blaming him for lying, and we're blaming him for promising something he couldn't deliver.

Gun free zones on day one, national reciprocity, suppressors, national debt, middle class tax cut also cut deductibles and has an expiration date while business tax cuts are permanent, immigration reform, DACA, gonna ban bump stocks.

I thought he would throw us a bone before the midterms but didn’t 

Tax cut explained- This is indeed a very exciting prospect.  I’ll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is a ‘Tax Cut’ ?

A. It is extra money that the federal government will return to taxpayers when they file their “1040 Tax Returns”.

Q.Where will the government get this money that they are going to return?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen of it, a couple of thousand dollars.

Q. What is the purpose of this tax cut?

A The plan is for you to use the money to purchase an ultra high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. Economy by spending your “tax cut returns” wisely:

* If you spend the “tax cut returns” money at Wal-Mart, the money will  ; go to China or Sri Lanka .

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India (software), China (hardware) …

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras or Guatemala …

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to banking management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by: 1) Spending it at yard sales, or 2) Going to ball games, or 3) Spending it on prostitutes, or 4) Beer or 5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion: Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day! No need to thank me, I’m just glad I could be of help.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, Dric902 said:

My yearly tax burden increased $2350.00

thanks a lot

1. The rich take care of their own.  But, money has to come from someone, so, rob from the middle class.

2. The poor don't have enough income.  Again, the Government determined it has to come from somewhere-again the middle class.

3. Why is our current Government who wanted to "drain" a swamp, full of trust fund idiots?  Because, they are friends of Trump, it doesn't matter if they don't know their butt from a hot rock.  Apparently, even though he is old enough, Trump learned nothing from Reagan, and just wants yes men and women, or they get fired.