Weed, gym class, and hospital...

TBO

EMS and schools tend to be overly cautious when it comes to marijuana, or kid's health in general. It's doubtful that these five students really required hospitalization. Just an over abundance of caution, that's all.
What factual information do you base this on?

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

None at all, just years of personal experience being in similar situations. Just my opinion, that's all.
Years of eatting concentrated THC edibles, or years of non-edible marijuana use?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've refused ambulances / hospitals a hundred times in my life.

If someone calls an ambulance, and they show up, they really really really want you to go with them.

For my best interest, you know.

In my city, juveniles aren't allowed to refuse EMS transport no matter how unhurt they are at the time. It takes a parent or guardian on the scene to stop what is often a ridiculously unnecessary ambulance ride.

1 minute ago, TBO said:

Years of eatting concentrated THC edibles, or years of non-edible marijuana use?

To clarify, 16 years as a police officer, 4 years of which was within a high school. I don't intend to use marijuana myself until immediately after I retire.

To clarify, 16 years as a police officer, 4 years of which was within a high school. I don't intend to use marijuana myself until immediately after I retire.

Questions:

1) how many edibles did each kid sent to the hospital consume

2) was the THC content of each consumable known?

3) what were the symptoms the victims complained of?

Without that info your speculation is baseless.

That aside, if you really were a Cop, especially one in the Schools, you'd know the school would send them for medical clearance/ treatment just to cover themselves as the kids were under the care of the school.

40 minutes ago, TBO said:

Questions:

1) how many edibles did each kid sent to the hospital consume

2) was the THC content of each consumable known?

3) what were the symptoms the victims complained of?

Without that info your speculation is baseless.

That aside, if you really were a Cop, especially one in the Schools, you'd know the school would send them for medical clearance/ treatment just to cover themselves as the kids were under the care of the school.

Well yes, I am speculating, as is everyone else in this thread. Ain't it fun? Anyway, it's been my experience that hospitalizing kids over marijuana is just an over abundance of caution for the sake of liability. I'm not convinced that these kids were going to die or anything, probably just eat doritos.

• Like 1

Well yes, I am speculating, as is everyone else in this thread. Ain't it fun? Anyway, it's been my experience that hospitalizing kids over marijuana is just an over abundance of caution for the sake of liability. I'm not convinced that these kids were going to die or anything, probably just eat doritos.
Are you aware that marijuana consumables are unlike smoking marijuana? They contain high concentrations of THC the likes of which you would not find in "just weed".

As such you can OD or get quite ill off them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TBO said:

Are you aware that marijuana consumables are unlike smoking marijuana? They contain high concentrations of THC the likes of which you would not find in "just weed".

As such you can OD or get quite ill off them.

I certainly don't claim to be an expert, although I have seen marijuana consumables render a person ill and worthless for a couple days. I'm not a fan of weed, I just think the article has an obvious spin to it. Even the local sheriff downplayed the severity of the situation.

• Like 1

I certainly don't claim to be an expert, although I have seen marijuana consumables render a person ill and worthless for a couple days. I'm not a fan of weed, I just think the article has an obvious spin to it. Even the local sheriff downplayed the severity of the situation.
Do you think the Sheriff was trying to reasure worried parents, and as an elected official may have been trying to down play the incident.

You're not a fan of weed but intend to start using it as soon as you retire?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

6 minutes ago, TBO said:

Do you think the Sheriff was trying to reasure worried parents, and as an elected official may have been trying to down play the incident.

You're not a fan of weed but intend to start using it as soon as you retire?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

My comment of using marijuana in retirement was only in jest. After all, don't we all dream of letting loose when we retire?

Weed isn't what either of the two extremes people want us to believe. One extreme promotes it as a miracle drug, the other extreme thinks it is is evil incarnate.

Marijuana consumables aren't exactly killing people left and right. I'd prefer more articles on heroin instead. Now, THERE is a problem that boggles my mind and is more worth my time.

My comment of using marijuana in retirement was only in jest. After all, don't we all dream of letting loose when we retire?
Weed isn't what either of the two extremes people want us to believe. One extreme promotes it as a miracle drug, the other extreme thinks it is is evil incarnate.
Marijuana consumables aren't exactly killing people left and right. I'd prefer more articles on heroin instead. Now, THERE is a problem that boggles my mind and is more worth my time.
You admit to being no expert on marijuana, yet take firm stances and have firm opinions.

27 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

That and alcohol. Alcohol is far more of a problem than any other drug has ever been for all ages including kids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

That and alcohol. Alcohol is far more of a problem than any other drug has ever been for all ages including kids.

Oh. my.. God, you took the words out of my mouth. Enough with this weed B.S..? What about heroin or alcohol? That is pretty much where my daily police career is left....

• Like 1

If Republicans and Democrats weren’t both so Hell bent on spending our money and limiting our freedom, we might actually be able to live our lives as free men and women.

Our government does what we want. It “solves” our problems and it tells others that they can’t do the things we don’t want them to do.

The problem is that some of those things are things we should be able to do. Things like being able to defend ourselves, raise and teach our children, save our money (and keep it), ingest things that make us feel better, and the list goes on.

Remember, that for every right you want the government to take away from someone else, there are five rights that other people want the government to take away from you.

The government aims to please and the two parties each do their part in the process.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, t4terrific said:

If Republicans and Democrats weren’t both so Hell bent on spending our money and limiting our freedom, we might actually be able to live our lives as free men and women.

Our government does what we want. It “solves” our problems and it tells others that they can’t do the things we don’t want them to do.

The problem is that some of those things are things we should be able to do. Things like being able to defend ourselves, raise and teach our children, save our money (and keep it), ingest things that make us feel better, and the list goes on.

Remember, that for every right you want the government to take away from someone else, there are five rights that other people want the government to take away from you.

The government aims to please and the two parties each do their part in the process.

And here I thought you were a little soft in the mellon. I was wrong.