“Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” has been called out as “seriously problematic”

pipedreams

It's a story that graphicly teaches how wrong it is to judge on appearance.  I believe that the objection to this story is, because the offended party is pissed they didn't write it.

In the first half of the 1940 I received a Rudolph the Red nose reindeer ring for Christmas that had a glow in the dark nose on it.  I never saw this story as conflicting.  It has always been about pre-judging another.  This is a classic example of some people trying to re-write history, and declare books harmful.

I also read the book "Fahrenheit 451" as a child.  I highly recommend it to all.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

If we would ban and remove every single thing that someone found not to be to their liking, we wouldn't have a damned thing and wouldn't be able to do anything.

Maturity is when you recognize that everyone doesn't think like you do, and to protect your rights, you have to protect theirs.  Cases like this are saying the my "right to not be offended", is more important than your right to be different.

There is nothing in the Constitution that states you shall not be offended!

The Constitution also never has guaranteed your right to happiness, only your right to "the pursuit of happiness".  If you achieve happiness it must be with the realization that others have the same rights also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This crap is getting nut, time for people to start telling them to shove it.

"Ohio radio station stops playing ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ after listener expresses concern over song's lyrics"

"A separate poll on the radio station's Facebook page did show results and they were quite different: 92 percent out of more than 600 voters were in favor of playing the song while 8 percent thought it was inappropriate."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ohio-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-amid-me-too-movement

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Some folks are just idiots!

14 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

This crap is getting nut, time for people to start telling them to shove it.

"Ohio radio station stops playing ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ after listener expresses concern over song's lyrics"

"A separate poll on the radio station's Facebook page did show results and they were quite different: 92 percent out of more than 600 voters were in favor of playing the song while 8 percent thought it was inappropriate."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ohio-radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-amid-me-too-movement

The problem is that it's spreading.  Like a zombie virus.

I wonder if head shots are the only cure?

• Like 2