New G19 Gen 5 MOS; how to get one? Or not?

PNWguy

After much research and review and gun fondling and coin tossing, I decided to buy a new G19 Gen 5 MOS.

It was the perfect size, fit me wonderfully, didn't have the front cutout, is optics ready, and has the tacticool front serrations that I happen to like.

Online price is $599.  Through the nearest Blue Label dealer, it was $499.  I told him to order me one.  Over a week ago.  The gun shop said that there is a waiting list for this pistol and they have no idea how long one will be available through the Blue Label program.  Could be a week.  Could be a month or longer.  Depends on if Glock builds and allocates enough to Blue Label.

I'm really in no hurry.  However, Washington's gun laws change after January 1st.  After the 1st, I will have to show proof that I've passed an approved firearms safety course within the last 5 years.  I will also have to sign a release form allowing the corrupt local chief of police to access all of my medical and mental health records.  Now, I don't have anything to hide, really.  I was on some anti-depressants earlier this year when I quit smoking and I saw a work-provided counselor for a few sessions for tips on dealing with quitting smoking and my divorce.  

I went off the pills after a couple of months and am fine.

But, who knows if the idiot chief will see that and use it as grounds to deny me a permit to buy a pistol.  So, I have to buy any firearms that I need/want until the bill is overturned in court or I move to Idaho.

So, the pistol I want is backordered.  I can go online right now and buy one for $599.  Or I can go through Blue Label and get a regular G19 Gen 5 for $425.  But the regular G19 has the stupid cutout, and no front serrations, and is not optics ready.

I fondled the G45, but it didn't fit me as well and the grip is substantially larger.  Would not carry nearly as well as the G19.  I set my budget for $500 for the new carry pistol and am pretty disappointed that I can't get the one I want because Glock isn't releasing enough to the Blue Label program.

I'm waiting another week for the dealer to get one available.  If nothing is available, then I'll have to either go with the regular G19, pay $100 more for the MOS, or go with my second choice which was the Gen 4 G23.

• Like 1

Dealer called me today and said his Glock rep contacted him and said there won't be any G19 Gen 5 MOS pistols available until January.  

But...  He did have 7 available with night sights for $70 more.

I didn't want night sights; I had already ordered a Dawson FO front sight for it.  But, it was pay $599 online for a regular sighted pistol, or $569 for a Blue Label version with night sights.

Ordered the one with night sights and it will be ready for pickup on Tuesday.