Journalists will do anything to attack Trump

pipedreams

1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

It's Yellow Journalism.

Actually that refers to a specific time period in the early 20th century.  This is really activist journalism mixed with participatory journalism.

Rather than reporting the agenda they create it.  Rather that reporting the news they create it.

It's going to get worse. When these journalists retire they will be replaced with self centered millennials or whatever generation comes after them.

I'm ready to move to a unabomber style shack and leave it to them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

Actually that refers to a specific time period in the early 20th century.  This is really activist journalism mixed with participatory journalism.

Rather than reporting the agenda they create it.  Rather that reporting the news they create it.

It's going to get worse. When these journalists retire they will be replaced with self centered millennials or whatever generation comes after them.

I'm ready to move to a unabomber style shack and leave it to them.

A while back, we somehow acquired the Newsy (isn't that cute!) news channel. 

I had heard of it,  and I suspected it....

but I watched it for the first time today...

HOO BOY!!!

We're in deep.

• Like 1

How about this fact that didn't slow the ***** down when they were/are trying to paint Trump as an evil tear gasser of children.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Didn't seem to bother them when big o did it.  And what do they want Trump to do?  Let them in.

"Oh they just want a better life." As opposed to the rest of us that want a worse life you softheaded **** brain?  Thieves just want a better life too.  Rapist just want to have sex etc.  Do these dipshits have the brain power to tie their own shoes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

A while back, we somehow acquired the Newsy (isn't that cute!) news channel. 

I had heard of it,  and I suspected it....

but I watched it for the first time today...

HOO BOY!!!

We're in deep.

The industry is screwed. 

Readership of newspapers has been down every year since 1972. News does not sell subscriptions or advertising on the internet...but that is the best medium for many newspapers.

Younger people get their news from Facebook and emails from friends and google is shaping the data it delivers to you.

The industry is in for dark times.

I truly enjoyed being a journalist.  I even graduated from the number three journalism college in the US at the time.

Freelancing is fun. I get a byline a couple times a year and that's a thrill. 

But there is nothing like walking past a three story printing press and holding up two fingers for the press master to see. He would give you two copies with ink still wet.

I miss the cynergy of a news desk.

We need some real journalists to get in there and get some. There's no excuse for **** pretending to be news.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

The coeds were...stunning at that college. Oh, I had a good time. They thought I was nuts coming in with 4 years army and working as a cop.

I miss those times. I smoked cigars, drank scotch and pretty much slept with who I wanted. Almost majored in redheads.

That is how I met Mrs. Historian. Conquest! I laid siege to that one!

• Like 1

The CNN effect. The twenty four hour news cycle has lead to a lot of talking heads with little to say but inuendo and vapidity.

Gotta fill the space. Got no news? That's why they fill it with opinion rather than finding real news.

How hard can it be to find a story? A real one? Not hard...go talk to people. Get off your assees and knock on some doors. Shoe leather will get you there.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Bah, only Trump... ? 

No. Not just Trump. They nailed Richard Nixon with the birth of activist journalism. 

Back in the 1950s people complained about the conservative press.

Go back the 1920s and you can read Pulitzer prize-winning faked news about the awesomness of communism as presented by the New York Times. They never apologised for covering up a genocide.

1928 was the year the Miami Harold told everyone was fine and Miami open for vacations despite the fact nameless category five storm obliterated the city and killed thousands of African Americans near Lake Okachobie. You should see  mass grave that remained unmarked for many years.

I could go on for a while. But you get the point.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

You know...one of the primary reasons for the Spanish American war was Pulitzer and Hertz had a newspaper war trying to outsell each other.

One of the two. I think Pulitzer hired Fredrick Remington to render wood carvings that were rushed to New York for reprint in the Times.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

No. Not just Trump. They nailed Richard Nixon with the birth of activist journalism. 

Back in the 1950s people complained about the conservative press.

Go back the 1920s and you can read Pulitzer prize-winning faked news about the awesomness of communism as presented by the New York Times. They never apologised for covering up a genocide.

1928 was the year the Miami Harold told everyone was fine and Miami open for vacations despite the fact nameless category five storm obliterated the city and killed thousands of African Americans near Lake Okachobie. You should see  mass grave that remained unmarked for many years.

I could go on for a while. But you get the point.

Didn't a guy by the name of Dan Rather run a series of stories(lies) that he made up about President Bush and his Military Service.

Didn't that guy Rather get caned over his propaganda and Bull Schit.

7 hours ago, steve4102 said:

Didn't a guy by the name of Dan Rather run a series of stories(lies) that he made up about President Bush and his Military Service.

Didn't that guy Rather get caned over his propaganda and Bull Schit.

It would have ended any career instantly. But Dan was a legend. They still parked him in a corner.

It was sad to see him in the Washington press club bar drinking a glass of milk.

He wanted that legendary story so badly he missed the facts. Bush had, in fact, requested a transfer to Vietnam twice.

Edited by Historian

4 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i saw a Yahoo "news" headline a few days ago that said " Trump takes knife to French President

over nationalism claims"

my coworkers and i laughed about it all day.

theres no journalism anymore

One of the best headlines I ever ever wrote never made it to print. It was about the arrest of a local strip club owner.

Bimbo pusher stuck in pokie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2