TERRIFYING VIDEO: Unharnessed man clings for life as glider takes off

crockett

19 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Distal radius fracture.

Torn biceps tendon.

Ain't pooped since the incident.

I still got a bunch of 7.5 mg hydrocodone / 325 mg acetaminophen as well as oxycodone tablets in my safe from my scaphoid fracture surgery and kidney stones. Was a great time. No pooping and legally high. I can see why this is highly addictive. Used each only for one day. Never felt so great... I knew right away that I better skip those party pills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still got a bunch of 7.5 mg hydrocodone / 325 mg acetaminophen as well as oxycodone tablets in my safe from my scaphoid fracture surgery and kidney stones. Was a great time. No pooping and legally high. I can see why this is highly addictive. Used each only for one day. Never felt so great... I knew right away that I better skip those party pills.

I take morphine and oxycodone 10s every day. No high at all and no poop suxs[emoji35][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

After our first-jump course, my friends and I were geared up and waiting to board the plane.

Some skydiver-guy,  who had just been kicked back in a lawn chair with his friends, wandered up and started asking us questions.

One of the questions was, "So.  You're making static-line jumps?"

We proudly said, "Yes!"

Then he guided my friend back to the hanger, with one hand on each shoulder,  to switch out his pilot-chute rig for a static-line rig.

(He would have never been instructed to exit the plane like that,  but he might have been inches from the open door before the jumpmaster discovered it.)

Pretty sure he will make sure he is tethered the next time. Personally I don't need, or want, those type of thrills. I had way more than my share while logging in the old growth. Also commercial fishing, oilfield, and construction. Hell, I still wake up sometimes with nightmares about logging accidents. 

• Like 1

My first and only time scuba diving was in Puerto Rico. I did one of those relatively shallow dives for untrained people. I've never been through a course.

I got in the water with my group & started diving but I had a hard time breathing. I went to the surface & the annoyed guy in the boat asked me what was wrong. I told him & he acted like I was an idiot...until he opened the tank. The instructors had supposedly opened everyone's tank but not mine. There was no risk to me but it shows what can happened w/ amateurs & a sloppy safety check.

1 hour ago, TX OMFS said:

My first and only time scuba diving was in Puerto Rico. I did one of those relatively shallow dives for untrained people. I've never been through a course.

I got in the water with my group & started diving but I had a hard time breathing. I went to the surface & the annoyed guy in the boat asked me what was wrong. I told him & he acted like I was an idiot...until he opened the tank. The instructors had supposedly opened everyone's tank but not mine. There was no risk to me but it shows what can happened w/ amateurs & a sloppy safety check.

Got geared up in a refinery with scba equipment to go into a very dangerous environment. One of the safety guys was checking his equipment and took a sniff from one of the supposed fresh air tanks. CO2. Some night shift flunky had filled the tanks incorrectly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Pretty sure he will make sure he is tethered the next time. Personally I don't need, or want, those type of thrills. I had way more than my share while logging in the old growth. Also commercial fishing, oilfield, and construction. Hell, I still wake up sometimes with nightmares about logging accidents. 

My ******* classmates keep talking about a group of us jumping out of a damn plane to celebrate our graduation. These are smart, driven, professional people, who have invested well over $30k and countless hours on education over the last year and a half.

And they want to risk all that, and so much more, to jump out of an airplane. I'm really not feelin' it.

12 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Yikes.  I looks like the entire right side departed.  I kept wondering when the reserve was going to deploy, but at the end of the video, there appears to be something like a reserve attached to nothing, still up in the air.

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

My ******* classmates keep talking about a group of us jumping out of a damn plane to celebrate our graduation. These are smart, driven, professional people, who have invested well over $30k and countless hours on education over the last year and a half.

And they want to risk all that, and so much more, to jump out of an airplane. I'm really not feelin' it.

The skydiving community is made up by all types of folks, from all walks of life.....doctors, lawyers, hell, I even knew an Indian Chief. ?

6 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

The skydiving community is made up by all types of folks, from all walks of life.....doctors, lawyers, hell, I even knew an Indian Chief. ?

Good for all of them! I'm a big fella- always have been. Gravity has a very profound effect on me, one I'm not willing to trust some person I've never met to have maybe packed one of two chutes right.

I'm sure there's a weight limit. I'm also sure I'm over it today, and likely wouldn't be able to drop the rest of the weight before then, and I'm alright with that! I may go, to watch and cheer, but I ain't gonna jump. We'll eave it to the doctors, lawyers, and injuns.

31 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Good for all of them! I'm a big fella- always have been. Gravity has a very profound effect on me, one I'm not willing to trust some person I've never met to have maybe packed one of two chutes right.

I'm sure there's a weight limit. I'm also sure I'm over it today, and likely wouldn't be able to drop the rest of the weight before then, and I'm alright with that! I may go, to watch and cheer, but I ain't gonna jump. We'll eave it to the doctors, lawyers, and injuns.

Tandem hoes do have limits, and they are always Right Behind you.  ?

Parachutes usually, almost always work, but you always want to treat your rigger well and buy him beer after he packs your reserve and after you use it.  The first time you pull the red handle will make your butt pucker. ?