So. What's everybody getting for Christmas?

crockett

Being hit with constant heat in Florida, I do love the Christmas time and enjoy every day that doesn't hit the 80s or 90s. As a kid and teen I couldn't afford anything, and I didn't get much for Christmas either. This might very well explain why I enjoy buying my useless ass something nice for Christmas.

By this time of the year I usually got most of the things I could come up with, but this time I'm being late.

I won't be spending that much money, I guess I'm getting old and content. Maybe a new wheel gun, or a commercial grade bench grinder, or some other tools. Something I can tinker with over the holidays, and that puts a smile on my face.

What's on your wish-list...?

A Redhawk .41 Magnum is pretty high on the list...

image471585-6fd5bebb74b87165c0159de8f6bd

Edited by crockett
  • Like 6

25th wedding anniversary  ,  2 week trip  to Sandals  resort   all inclusive 

gift cards and cash to everyone else . 

Piper  our first grand youngin ,  age 2  well she is getting some toys and a bike , and more money put in her savings and investment accounts ,  

• Like 5

We're renovating a house we'll move into next year, so wife and I are "giving" each other appliances ?.

I need nothing in the way of new possessions... have more guns than I can shoot, more knives than I can carry... you get the picture. The thing I want more than anything else: time. While I'm in relatively good health, I know that my time on earth with loved ones is slipping away, and that I should enjoy every day that I am granted with them. Our next/last move will put us much closer to family. And I look forward to days of hiking with grandchildren, and buying them each their first pocketknife.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tous said:

Lump of coal.

Again.

10 hours ago, tous said:

:sigh:

Well, you are from the era when that was a good thing to get...... :anim_lol:

Personally I plan to get the wife some running boards for her Pilot.  And maybe some good computer headphones since she is taking college courses online.

I might buy myself a rifle of some sort.  But I'm not sure.  Probably not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought myself $1300.00 worth of Steeda suspension stuff for Big Yellow. Shocks, struts, horizontal links, bushings, other stuff......

Steeda had Black Friday deals, and I succumbed to temptation. Of course some of it is back-ordered, and they didn't tell me that when I ordered it.

So here I am, all nervous and anxious and giggly like a schoolgirl, waiting for my suspension stuff to arrive in a few days, only to find out 1/3rd of what I ordered won't be here for another few weeks.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Like every year I tell them don't waste your money on me. What do they do? Buy me things. I'm not expecting anything in particular. tom. :tree:

I took a cue from Grandma when she once begged us, "Please!  No more crap!  I don't need any more stuff.  I cherish everything I've ever received from everyone, but I don't need any more!"

From then on, she got chocolates and wool socks and tea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not planning on getting anything for myself, but I am getting my 9 year old a set of Ruger Single Sixes in 32 H&R Magnum, a Henry youth .22 lever action rifle with a 'soft stroke' conversion and trigger job, an Ithaca SKB 100 12 gauge double barrel shotgun, and a custom made double pistol holster belt rig as well as a shotgun belt. 

Starting in January he'll be coming with my wife and me to Cowboy matches.  THATS my gift to myself, his company on Saturdays.  I already have one of the Rugers, the Henry and the SKB, all I need now is the matching Ruger and the custom rig.

We'll be a well heeled cowboy family.  I'll be shooting my matching Ruger Vaqueros, Uberti 1873 rifle and SKB shotgun.  Sharyn has identical guns, just shorter LOP and her pistols are .32s not 38s.  Michael has the same type rifle and shotgun but shoots Uberti Birdshead Lightning pistols in .38 sp., and Jonathan will have his new guns and rig.

My arm is going to be tired from loading all the ammo.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Like every year I tell them don't waste your money on me. What do they do? Buy me things. I'm not expecting anything in particular. tom. :tree:

I am getting you the same thing I got you last year, tom.

But, in yellow.

Eric already bought up all of the orange ones.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I took a cue from Grandma when she once begged us, "Please!  No more crap!  I don't need any more stuff.  I cherish everything I've ever received from everyone, but I don't need any more!"

From then on, she got chocolates and wool socks and tea.

my  mom who passed  last year  started saying about 10 years ago  " do not get me anything more to dust  "  lol   so  we always got her a blanket or throw over  and warm pajamas  and she loved coffee  so we would get her some blue mountain   jamaican coffee in different  blends ,  and i would  pay some of her bills  without her knowing  as  she started having memory problems , then i eventually took over and paid everything , she never knew or i would have got cussed out ,  Piper was 1 when  she passed   if i could have one wish is Piper would someday remember  her  , now that she is 2 and talking in complete sentences  and making sense lol

• Like 3