The average Grizzly Bear is smarter than the average "researcher."

pipedreams

I think there's a handful of brown bears that have been raised from a cub that become pet-like. There was one old couple in Russia who had one, and somebody out west had one that starred in a few movies. But, if a critter that big ever got really hungry, the end result would be human-scented pear poo.

Way back in my youth I helped an Indian man capture a black bear cub. Momma was up a tree with 2 cubs and a single cub was up another tree by itself. Al went up after the cub. My dad and I were hucking rocks at momma to keep her occupied. Al tossed down the squealing cub and I wrapped it in my Levi jacket. The entire even happened faster than I typed this. One minute the 3 of us are cruising home from a logging job, and the next we have a cub in the truck with us. 

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Way back in my youth I helped an Indian man capture a black bear cub. Momma was up a tree with 2 cubs and a single cub was up another tree by itself. Al went up after the cub. My dad and I were hucking rocks at momma to keep her occupied. Al tossed down the squealing cub and I wrapped it in my Levi jacket. The entire even happened faster than I typed this. One minute the 3 of us are cruising home from a logging job, and the next we have a cub in the truck with us. 

Peyote?

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Did a quick check on Quinault, love to look up and learn.

People of the Quinault are among the small number of Americans who can walk the same beaches, paddle the same waters, and hunt the same lands our ancestors did centuries ago.

http://www.quinaultindiannation.com/

I used to do all that with them. Grew up on the edge of the Rez. Logged there many years. Hunted and fished there a lot. Did things that white people are not supposed to do. No examples given, but let's just say some critters are Federally protected to non-indigenous people.

• Like 1