anyone got a family fight story on thanksgiving ??

ASH

I DO LOL  

wife is up stairs   im down stairs  sleeping with the pups   . they sleep with me 

little argument  with other family here  me and my oldest daughter  having a talk , wife is repeating word for word  right behind her,  and  i said  'thats enough from the peanut gallery and this is a  AB  CONVERSATION AND   C YOUR WAY OUT OF IT .  oh well it did not seem bad to me ,  i just hate 2 people talking at same time ,  and it was all over a lost in mail power bill.  

I worked last night in the ER. It was ALL family drama, non-compliant CHFer's who overdid it on the salt, and typical weekend drunks and druggies. The "chest pain" because there was a family squabble, or the anxiety because someone didn't get their way, just pisses me off to no end. People will bring their drama to the only place in the city that literally costs them THOUSANDS of dollars to prove their bullshit point. "Remember when Aunt Nadine went to the ER because of what Shirley and Karen said?" It's all a bunch of fuckery,

• Like 3

On 11/22/2018 at 11:26 PM, ASH said:

anyone got a family fight story on thanksgiving ??

The drama expressed on DU,  just for having to hear a differing opinion from family/dinner guests ,  sent people into apocalyptic breakdowns that kept me reading all day.

Too many people are easily triggered these days.  I like to learn those triggers.  And use them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tadbart said:

I worked last night in the ER. It was ALL family drama, non-compliant CHFer's who overdid it on the salt, and typical weekend drunks and druggies. The "chest pain" because there was a family squabble, or the anxiety because someone didn't get their way, just pisses me off to no end. People will bring their drama to the only place in the city that literally costs them THOUSANDS of dollars to prove their bullshit point. "Remember when Aunt Nadine went to the ER because of what Shirley and Karen said?" It's all a bunch of fuckery,

well now i dont feel so bad lol .  and im back upstairs  woot woot roflmao

• Haha 1

no fight... but my uber liberal mother in law was looking for one.

she comes over 4 hours early, with 2 bottles of wine and an overnight bag.  So she's planning on getting drunk and staying over

she throws little comments from her "moveon.org" emails trying to get a rise from me all day, I politely ignore most.

Then over dinner (we have 12 over) she asks if I thought Trump would get reelected.  Others jump into the conversation (both sides on the issue), she asks me again and I say "yes...especially if be can close the border and stop the thousands of illegals in the caravan at the border. "  She replies that there's not thousands at the border and the few that are coming are seeking asylum, we have to let them in.

I respond that's why you and I shouldn't speak politics, I'll gladly discuss anything but when partisanship clouds facts so much that you ignore 2 what every news organization in the world is reporting, we can't have a civil conversation about it.  And then I went back to my turkey

There was the time we were all drunk, I reached back to deck my Uncle in the mouth, and my cousin grabbed my hand/fist by my thumb and dislocated it as it moved forward, to stop me from hitting him.

So......almost.

Edited by M&P15T

On 11/25/2018 at 5:57 AM, tehan2 said:

no fight... but my uber liberal mother in law was looking for one.

she comes over 4 hours early, with 2 bottles of wine and an overnight bag.  So she's planning on getting drunk and staying over

she throws little comments from her "moveon.org" emails trying to get a rise from me all day, I politely ignore most.

Then over dinner (we have 12 over) she asks if I thought Trump would get reelected.  Others jump into the conversation (both sides on the issue), she asks me again and I say "yes...especially if be can close the border and stop the thousands of illegals in the caravan at the border. "  She replies that there's not thousands at the border and the few that are coming are seeking asylum, we have to let them in.

I respond that's why you and I shouldn't speak politics, I'll gladly discuss anything but when partisanship clouds facts so much that you ignore 2 what every news organization in the world is reporting, we can't have a civil conversation about it.  And then I went back to my turkey

Good control, can't your wife shut her up?

On 11/24/2018 at 5:26 AM, tadbart said:

You need to come up with a painful test for these people.  Tell them it looks like they have sarcoidosis or something and it is very contagious and it affects the whole family, hides in the bone marrow so you are going to have to take a bone marrow sample from their ass.

No, that would end up warping your mind more that dealing with that **** already is.  Glad there are people like you to deal with that ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tehan2 said:

so you want me to fight with my wife instead of my mother in law?

No, I hoped your wife was sympathetic to your position.  Also, rereading what I wrote it could be taken sarcastically - that you don't control your wife.  I did not mean it that way, I meant you had good restraint with your MIL.