Steyer Maadi ARM AK...

DrB

Anyone here have one of the 2,000 originals imported from Egypt?  Closest thing to an original AK47.  Correct Palm swells in the hand guards, correct pins in the stock and correct import papers...  Should have 4 pins in the stock and 1 pin in the fore grip.  

May be closest thing to an AKM but I think the Polytech Legend guns are as close as one can get to a real Soviet mfg AK (save a specific build). 

The Maadi guns were brought in by Steyr in the very early 1980s and had Steyr bbls if I’m not mistaken 

Edited by Valmet

1 minute ago, Citra47 said:

I foolishly passed on them when they were imported but you are correct - they are the closest available AK construction to original Russian manufacture by any other country.

They were made on Russian equipment.  Beautiful rifle,has the original green sling..  I can get a few pictures in the next few days if anyone wants to see.  Only 2,000 of these here.

Dave..

15 minutes ago, Valmet said:

May be closest thing to an AKM but I think the Polytech Legend guns are as close as one can get to a real Soviet mfg AK (save a specific build). 

The Maadi guns were brought in by Steyr in the very early 1980s and had Steyr bbls if I’m not mistaken 

My Polytech Legend is indeed my favorite, and the most accurate of my AK's.

16 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

Pictures please. I haven't seen one for several years.:broc1:

Thanksgiving time now. Give me some time and will do...  I'll see if I can find the import papers.  They are around somewhere but don't know where.