Favorite mixed drink ?

r3dot

Lots of whiskey drinks- but a good old fashioned or Manhattan are tough to beat as a dessert drink. Emeril's in NOLA had a maple bacon bourbon drink that was ridiculous.

Glass full of ice, Hendrick's gin, juice of half a lime, top with tonic. That's a summertime game changer.

It's hard to top those frozen drinks at Flying Monkeys in Key West.

For a concert, I'll have 3 Captain and Cokes. Enough to take the edge off and enjoy the music, but not so much that I want to go to sleep.

• Like 1

Margarita on the rock with salt. On a hot Summer afternoon or with Mexican food (not TexMex)

Singapore Sling. Had my first one when I was probably 18. The best is sitting outside in a bar in Singapore.

Hurricane another Summer afternoon drink.

8 minutes ago, 1L26 said:

Margarita on the rock with salt. On a hot Summer afternoon or with Mexican food (not TexMex)

Singapore Sling. Had my first one when I was probably 18. The best is sitting outside in a bar in Singapore.

Margarita for me on that rare occasion I can drink.

Singapore Slings got my wife through a year in Charleston, SC.   She had a problem with the heat and humidity.  More "Slings", less problems.

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

Margarita for me on that rare occasion I can drink.

Singapore Slings got my wife through a year in Charleston, SC.   She had a problem with the heat and humidity.  More "Slings", less problems.

That's what Singapore Slings were invented for! lol Raffles Long Bar in Singapore.

image.thumb.jpeg.20921fb6e5c5dc75060b6b17db6c1191.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1L26 said:

Barkeep, another Mekong, please.

Yes of course you can keep the change.

A new glass here for this new friend of mine,

Excuse me, I've forgot your name.

Flip a coin, what shall we talk about?

Heads, I tell the truth, and tails I lie...

Is it true it's always happy hour here?

And if it is, I'd like to stay a while.

As cliché as it may sound,

I'd like to raise another round,

and if your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine.

And thank you for your time.

HERE'S TO LIFE!

• Like 1

Manhattan - :banana:

Brings back fond memories of my youth. :D

Yep, my Dad always let me have a sip or two when my parents were visiting my Grandparents or my Uncle Ted. :cool:

Other than that, I've found Seagram's and coke on ice is pretty good.

Edited by *OldSchool*

Margarita is the only mixed drink I drink.

When I was working in Callahan, Fl I went to the Palace Saloon on Amelia Island. They have a drink called Pirate's Punch. Do not drink this ****! It tastes good but will put your dick in the dirt. They won't tell you what's in it but it eliminates the need for a "roofie". :tequila:

I don't think I have ever had a hangover that bad.

On September 14, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Sniffler said:

Margarita is the only mixed drink I drink.

When I was working in Callahan, Fl I went to the Palace Saloon on Amelia Island. They have a drink called Pirate's Punch. Do not drink this ****! It tastes good but will put your dick in the dirt. They won't tell you what's in it but it eliminates the need for a "roofie". :tequila:

I learned a long time ago not to drink anything with the word "punch" in it. All those stories end with dick in the dirt! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 11:48 AM, Sniffler said:

The great hangover of 1994 was sponsored by Killian's Irish Red and Wild Turkey.

I thought the devil. himself, was driving a freight train through my skull with a sledgehammer.

I made a deal with God.  Let me live and i shall never drink Killian's again.   I have been true to that.

• Haha 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.