Mangled powder delivery-your thoughts

Highspeedlane

I've ordered bullets, brass and primers through the mail for many years, and this was the first time I've ever ordered powder. Two pounds of Alliant 2400, shipped UPS ground. I've sent the attached photos to the vendor explaining what I received and waiting to see their response. I know powder is hazmat and not returnable, but I'm not sure what to make of this.

There was no external damage to the box--no cuts, no dents, not crushed, nothing. There was clear packing tape used to seal the edges in a way that makes me wonder if it was opened by UPS inspectors and haphazardly inspected for contraband or whatever would trigger them to inspect it, then resealed (it does have the big orange hazmat sticker on it).

The cap on one bottle was broken and floating in the powder at the bottom of the box:

evDC06rOuMWrrluNLBPiD0ohyht_HMSmY02CnIpz

I salvaged all the powder by pouring it out and refilling the can. The other odd thing is the amount of air space in the can that was not damaged. I measure 5" of air space in the can before the top of the powder....sorry, I have no scale capable of weighing the can so I'm not sure if some powder was dumped out. That much airspace seems odd even for a dense powder like 2400, but I'm not sure. The bottom of the tape measure is where the top of the powder is in this can:

ehZLqxaSj4co0Q4YvXFvC8mvRd6-eyu10Q7w2Hw2

The powder in the bottom of the box seemed fine...I suppose I'll use it. I doubt I'll order powder over the web again though. I can't prove it but either this dealer has a very rough crew working their packing department or it was opened en route to me. What do you think? Thanks.

Follow up.....

Midsouth Shooters Supply just called me and said they were sorry about me receiving the package with the broken can of 2400 and are shipping me out a replacement at no charge.

I honestly was not expecting that level of attention to customer service.

They are a stand up company!!!!

• Like 2

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.