LGS visit; cannot make up my mind on new Glock...

PNWguy

Went to the only LGS within 50 miles and asked to fondle all of the Glocks I was considering for my new EDC.

My initial thought was the G19 Gen 5 MOS because it eliminates the front strap cutout, has the cool front serrations, and I can run an RMR for GSSF if needed.  They didn't have one, of course, but they did have the 19X and the Gen 5 G19.  Fondled the G19 and it just fits me perfectly.  The trigger was very, very nice.  Loved it!  And for some reason the front cut-out wasn't noticeable at all for me this time.  Before, it was annoying.  Now it's not.  Weird.

Held the 19X and it felt good, nice trigger, but the grip was almost too big.  I have large hands, so I was surprised that the 17 grip didn't feel better.  Compared it to the 19 and that bigger grip was just too much extra real estate for CCW.

Then I held the Gen 4 23 with finger grooves.  As good or slightly better than the Gen 5 19.  Great size, great feel, trigger was not as nice as the Gen 5.

I will be buying Blue Label, so $410 for a G23, $425 for a G19 Gen 5, and $489 for the G19 MOS.  

I like the trigger and supposed better accuracy of the Gen 5.  I like the beveled slide.  Don't like the ambidextrous slide release or the front cut-out, but they aren't deal breakers.  Not a fan of 9mm, but concede it is fine for CCW and GSSF matches.

I love the size and feel of the Gen 4 G23, the caliber choices and ease of converting to .357 sig or 9mm.  Don't like the trigger and not sure how accurate it's going to be.  My Gen 4 G35 is pretty disappointing in the accuracy department and the stock trigger was awful.  The G23 I fondled today had a way, way better trigger than my G35.

Really no idea which one I will decide on.  

If Glock would come out with a Gen 5 G23 with no cutout, front serrations, marksman barrel, and Gen 5 trigger, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I will likely get the G19 MOS for $75 more than the standard G19.  

Or wait for Glock to release the Gen 5 G23, which could be a few months or a couple of years...

1. What makes you happy?

2. What do you think you can use for SD?

3. What do you think you can conceal?

4.  The Glock World is your oyster.

JHMO a 19 with an MOS is nice.  I had a friend of mine mill a regular G-19 for me, lines up perfectly, and where the red dot, the round goes.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:02 AM, PNWguy said:

Went to the only LGS within 50 miles and asked to fondle all of the Glocks I was considering for my new EDC.

My initial thought was the G19 Gen 5 MOS because it eliminates the front strap cutout, has the cool front serrations, and I can run an RMR for GSSF if needed.  They didn't have one, of course, but they did have the 19X and the Gen 5 G19.  Fondled the G19 and it just fits me perfectly.  The trigger was very, very nice.  Loved it!  And for some reason the front cut-out wasn't noticeable at all for me this time.  Before, it was annoying.  Now it's not.  Weird.

Held the 19X and it felt good, nice trigger, but the grip was almost too big.  I have large hands, so I was surprised that the 17 grip didn't feel better.  Compared it to the 19 and that bigger grip was just too much extra real estate for CCW.

Then I held the Gen 4 23 with finger grooves.  As good or slightly better than the Gen 5 19.  Great size, great feel, trigger was not as nice as the Gen 5.

I will be buying Blue Label, so $410 for a G23, $425 for a G19 Gen 5, and $489 for the G19 MOS.  

I like the trigger and supposed better accuracy of the Gen 5.  I like the beveled slide.  Don't like the ambidextrous slide release or the front cut-out, but they aren't deal breakers.  Not a fan of 9mm, but concede it is fine for CCW and GSSF matches.

I love the size and feel of the Gen 4 G23, the caliber choices and ease of converting to .357 sig or 9mm.  Don't like the trigger and not sure how accurate it's going to be.  My Gen 4 G35 is pretty disappointing in the accuracy department and the stock trigger was awful.  The G23 I fondled today had a way, way better trigger than my G35.

Really no idea which one I will decide on.  

If Glock would come out with a Gen 5 G23 with no cutout, front serrations, marksman barrel, and Gen 5 trigger, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I will likely get the G19 MOS for $75 more than the standard G19.  

Or wait for Glock to release the Gen 5 G23, which could be a few months or a couple of years...

I'd go with the slimmer G19 MOS. My "fat" G29 is laying in my bedroom (and doesn't get any use). I got tired of that brick hanging on my hip. It wasn't all that bad when I had an additional 40 pounds on me, but now it's just constantly in the way. Right now I'm carrying a G42. The MOS option on the 19 would be a nice little extra feature to explore.

Ordered the G19 Gen 5 MOS for $499 through the Blue Label program.  They said it is difficult to find right now, but will hopefully have it in next week.  I figure if I don't like it for some reason, I can always get most of my money out of it.  If/when Glock ever releases the Gen 5 G23, I can get one of those.  I'm betting they won't have the front cutout...

I just bought a Gen5 G19 MOS, stuck a Trijicon RM06 on it, with a Streamlight TLR8 and Trijicon Suppressor sights to co-witness.  Love this combo.  Have nothing else to compare it with, but, boy, is this gun fun to shoot.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, PNWguy said:

Ordered the G19 Gen 5 MOS for $499 through the Blue Label program.  They said it is difficult to find right now, but will hopefully have it in next week.  I figure if I don't like it for some reason, I can always get most of my money out of it.  If/when Glock ever releases the Gen 5 G23, I can get one of those.  I'm betting they won't have the front cutout...

A good choice, I think.  Most of my handguns I put an RMR on due to my failing eyesight.   I think I am going to have to get better bifocals, or surgery to get these eyelids back open.  So, and RMR has become a necessity on my new firearms.  A good RMR seems to be half the price of a midrange pistol,, and more than the price of the Glock.  But, for old eyes, it is hard to beat.

8 hours ago, Moshe said:

A good choice, I think.  Most of my handguns I put an RMR on due to my failing eyesight.   I think I am going to have to get better bifocals, or surgery to get these eyelids back open.  So, and RMR has become a necessity on my new firearms.  A good RMR seems to be half the price of a midrange pistol,, and more than the price of the Glock.  But, for old eyes, it is hard to beat.

I have astigmatism and wear progressive lenses.  My eyes ain't what they used to be, for sure.  I tried to put an RMR on my G29, then shot in a match with it back to back with my G35 with regular sights.  I scored nearly identical with both pistols.  The little dot was so fuzzy, that I did the same with the fuzzy sights...