Old Pictures

Eric

Candy Jones, a model who had been in the Pacific for ten months entertaining troops, arrives home with American soldiers from Pearl Harbor as they celebrate the Allied victory on the U.S. Navy transport in New York City on Aug. 14, 1945. The soldier at left, lifting Jones, is Gen. Charles H. Muir. (AP Photo/Murray Befeler)

1806930614_Screenshot_2019-08-18PhotosTodayinHistoryAug15.jpg.aa205954c7ee1f8dcbb81dfc757a2a6d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At 50 years old, Dolly Parton finds herself in the same situation as other veteran country perfomers, shunned by radio programmers who fill their air time with younger performers and newer names. Her new album, “Treasures,” may mark the last time she tries to appeal to the programmers. “If I don’t get some play even with this...then I’ll realize that I’m not wanted in country music,” she said. Parton is shown during an interview in Nashville, Aug. 15, 1996. (AP Photo/Mark Humprhey)

Screenshot_2019-08-18 Photos Today in History, Aug 15.png

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Candy Jones, a model who had been in the Pacific for ten months entertaining troops, arrives home with American soldiers from Pearl Harbor as they celebrate the Allied victory on the U.S. Navy transport in New York City on Aug. 14, 1945. The soldier at left, lifting Jones, is Gen. Charles H. Muir. (AP Photo/Murray Befeler)

1806930614_Screenshot_2019-08-18PhotosTodayinHistoryAug15.jpg.aa205954c7ee1f8dcbb81dfc757a2a6d.jpg

It’s a confident girl that isn’t embarrassed to flash pit stains at a camera. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

A real woman!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, railfancwb said:

Didn’t an engine/clutch/transmission/differential explosion seriously injure him, leading to the driver moving to the front of the engine for awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that to be a correct statement. Big Daddy sat in front of the engine in later versions of the dragster.

• Like 1