Old Pictures

Eric

I'll just say Damm!

6th April 1940, the NKVD (Soviet secret police) begin the execution of 22,000 Polish military officers. The shootings started in the evening and ended at dawn throughout April and May. Most victims were executed one by one, shot in the back of the head.

D3YHsDjU4AAMABN.jpg large.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

49 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I'll just say Damm!

6th April 1940, the NKVD (Soviet secret police) begin the execution of 22,000 Polish military officers. The shootings started in the evening and ended at dawn throughout April and May. Most victims were executed one by one, shot in the back of the head.

D3YHsDjU4AAMABN.jpg large.jpg

Too many forget the politics that drives mass murder.  They go hand in hand.  Now there are advocates for this very system in our own country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I thought he was exiled to Florida after the wars. Did he make it to OK?

"Geronimo and a band of Apaches were sent to Florida and then Alabama, eventually ending up at the Comanche and Kiowa reservation near Fort Sill, Oklahoma Territory. There, Geronimo became a successful farmer and converted to Christianity. He participated in President Theodore Roosevelt’s inaugural parade in 1905. The Apache chief dictated his autobiography, published in 1906 as Geronimo’s Story of His Life. He died at Fort Sill on February 17, 1909."

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/geronimo-surrenders

• Thanks 2