Old Pictures

Eric

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Actually, I was wrong. Here is the text that accompanies that picture, in the book in which it was published:

https://www.vpr.org/post/vanishing-vermont-peacham-photographers-book-captures-last-hill-farms#stream/0

Of course, he could be wearing 20-year-old sneakers in the pic. :biggrin:

That is so cool Eric.  Thanks for the info on that pic.  Can ya EVEN Imagine...1977...I was married in 69...In 77 I was Senior lineman, and next in line for foreman.  This man...is cookin breakfast over his "stove"...1977 Eric.  Take a moment.  Think back to You...1977.:D

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

That is so cool Eric.  Thanks for the info on that pic.  Can ya EVEN Imagine...1977...I was married in 69...In 77 I was Senior lineman, and next in line for foreman.  This man...is cookin breakfast over his "stove"...1977 Eric.  Take a moment.  Think back to You...1977.:D

I was ten years old and not a wood stove in sight. I was probably wearing Converse All-Stars myself though. Every kid I knew either wore those or Hush Puppies. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Nitro, W. Va. was created during WWI in 1917 to produce gunpowder for the war effort.

You reminded me of an article about the Twin Cities Arsenal.  (My father used to work there during WWII in the .50 caliber plant)

The article said that the Twin Cities Arsenal produced 3 Million rounds a day.  The same amount that was being shot every day, during the Viet Nam war.

20 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

1977.... I was just settling in to the job that became my career until retirement. 

• Like 2