Old Pictures

Eric

12 hours ago, Eric said:

5B133E74-97DE-49B1-953D-3B09C8C7F617.jpeg

I used to hitchhike in my Jr. High school days.  I would hitchhike around the state on weekends just for something to do.  I remember being picked up by truckers  going through the St. Croix river valley.  They would be constantly changing gears pushing/pulling shifters all the while I rode with them.  Seemed like every thing in the power train had some gears to change.

• Like 1

• Administrators

300 Ton “Crawler Crusher” amphibious tank, used by the Army Corps of Engineers to clear forest for the construction of the (defunct) Cross Florida Barge Canal. The pontoons were capable of holding massive amounts of water for extra heavy crushing power.

FC163D62-6F5A-4D57-912C-0BFD434711F4.jpeg.273f70385535c3a4c6f1923d31123f50.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.b68425321d81f832bea70030d029aee2.png

This war exemplifies just how much more damage is cause to mankind by politicians rather than the Military.  We didn't lose this war, our politicians profited as much as they could through American lives, and then threw it away!  Holly Wood celebrated this travesty by politicians.  Who's worse!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

This war exemplifies just how much more damage is cause to mankind by politicians rather than the Military.  We didn't lose this war, our politicians profited as much as they could through American lives, and then threw it away!  Holly Wood celebrated this travesty by politicians.  Who's worse!

How long was it after our surviving troops left Vietnam before American businesses were walking in seeking cheaper labor?

And how many lives of American troops were lost that we still don’t really do business in Cuba?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

How long was it after our surviving troops left Vietnam before American businesses were walking in seeking cheaper labor?

And how many lives of American troops were lost that we still don’t really do business in Cuba?

As a result I still won't buy vietnamese goods. tom.

• Like 1

capture.jpg

History of Sam and Omie's. 

https://obxguides.com/nags-head/sam-omies/history

"Immediately after the war business picked up right where it left off in 1941.

One of these captains, Sambo Tillet, owned a small restaurant on the beach called Sambo's. The majority of his business came from commercial fishermen who gathered there in the mornings for an early breakfast before starting the days work on the water. They also liked to gather there in the evenings to have a few beers and jaw about the days fishing. In 1947 Sambo came up with the bright idea to start booking charters for himself and his buddies right from the restaurant."

"In 1955 the land and marina was purchased by the National Park Service and the marina was leased back to Sambo's brother Toby. Thus Oregon Inlet Fishing Center was born.

So now Toby Tillet owned the fishing center and Sambo Tillet owned the restaurant. Somewhere along about this time the name was changed to include Sambo's son Omie and it became known as Sam & Omie's. Then Sambo decided to go to full time charter fishing and sold the restaurant to another local, Tom McKimmey."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1