Apex trigger install fail.

PNWguy

Heard some great things about replacing the stock trigger in my M&P40c with an Apex unit.  Ordered just the trigger since I found the pull to be about right.  Got the trigger in today, then watched a youtube video on how to install it.

Now, I have installed many triggers on my Glocks.  I do my own sights, have a sight install tool, have polished many triggers and figured I was competent enough to install the Apex trigger.

Apparently not.  Got it in and it was apparent that something was horribly wrong.  Pull the trigger and it was long, very mushy, and a delayed release of the trigger.  Everything looked fine, re-watched the video, everything was good.

Pulled out my full-size M&P40 and broke it down to compare.  The problem was that the Apex trigger caused the trigger bar to move around; as much as 1/8".  It was inboard an 1/8" from where it should be.  Weird.  Took everything apart and tweaked the the trigger bar back to where it would align properly and put it all back together.  Worse.  Would not release the striker.

Took it all back apart and just put the stock trigger back in it.  It's now back to normal.  Returning the Apex trigger to Midway and hopefully will get my money back.

I've never had any issue with working on any of my Glocks and it seemed like a really straightforward and relatively simple install.  No idea what went wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, PNWguy said:

Heard some great things about replacing the stock trigger in my M&P40c with an Apex unit.  Ordered just the trigger since I found the pull to be about right.  Got the trigger in today, then watched a youtube video on how to install it.

Now, I have installed many triggers on my Glocks.  I do my own sights, have a sight install tool, have polished many triggers and figured I was competent enough to install the Apex trigger.

Apparently not.  Got it in and it was apparent that something was horribly wrong.  Pull the trigger and it was long, very mushy, and a delayed release of the trigger.  Everything looked fine, re-watched the video, everything was good.

Pulled out my full-size M&P40 and broke it down to compare.  The problem was that the Apex trigger caused the trigger bar to move around; as much as 1/8".  It was inboard an 1/8" from where it should be.  Weird.  Took everything apart and tweaked the the trigger bar back to where it would align properly and put it all back together.  Worse.  Would not release the striker.

Took it all back apart and just put the stock trigger back in it.  It's now back to normal.  Returning the Apex trigger to Midway and hopefully will get my money back.

I've never had any issue with working on any of my Glocks and it seemed like a really straightforward and relatively simple install.  No idea what went wrong.

When it comes to trigger installs, I leave that to the pros.

The triggers on striker fired weapons are mushy and lifeless in general. Embrace the suck for what they are. They work. I mean they really are optimize to work really well. They just feel like a steaming dog turd through a 0.6 mil polyethylene bag. You can feel the heat and the mushy and grainy texture of your best friends last meal, you know you have the turd and it's not getting away. You know you've pulled the trigger and your gun has done it's job.

Don't get me wrong, I keep a boring ass double stack 9 in my nightstand and I trust it with my life but the trigger isn't ever going to give me wood other than it works when and how often I want it to.

If you want sexy light crisp trigger your going to need some form of nickle plated sissy pistol and boy how are those triggers sweet. You can buy drop in trigger jobs that can transform your accuracy and give you wood with every twitch of your booger picker.

Sorry you were not as success as you have liked. Don't give up, there is a solution out there.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you had problems with it. I've installed their kits on my 1.0 full size 9.0, 2.0 compact 9mm and Shield 2.0 9mm with great success and far better trigger feel. Hopefully they can help you figure out what went wrong because they do make a noticeable improvement in trigger feel on the M&Ps.