What Movie Scared You Most?

Eric

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, Booker said:

The Exorcist did it for me!  A few years ago it did it all again with the Director's cut when Linda Blair is bent over backwards, crab walking down the stairs!

This one for you.

A British compiled and edited documentary entitled "Night Will Fall". It was filmed in 1945 and not released until 2014.
It wasn't imaginary. It was real and that shocks the hell out of me to this day.  

Edited by blueiron

The Evil Dead.

Was visiting my older Cousin for a week in summer break when I was around 12. One of his buddies parents left for vacation and half of my cousins class and we came over for a video and chips night. They all had been 17 and 18. Got a lot to see that night, including this movie.

The trailer alone just gave me goosebumps.

Good times. I want the 80s back!

On 9/4/2017 at 6:53 AM, KWalrad said:

The worst had to have been The Exorcist. I watched it with my older sister late at night when it first came out and she jacked with me the time.

I was just married and my wife and I actually discussed if we should go! Ultimately, we decided it was just a movie and went. But it was one scary-assed movie!

• Like 1

As a kid, Silver Bullet was the movie that scared me most. The gloomy ambiance and the preacher scared me considerably.

Terminator was probably number two. Knowing that my dad couldn’t whip the terminator and bullets wouldn’t stop him freaked me out.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:01 AM, Jframe said:

"Attack of the Crab Monsters" (I was REALLY young when I saw that one...);

Those old B&W 'B' Sci-Fi films were damn scary for young kids. I saw it on TV but it still frightened me. Like the Giant Ants and Iguana, spiders, etc. Nuclear power in it early years got blamed for a plethora of mutant animals/insects.

There was a Sci-Fi theater on Saturday nights at 10:00. My mother and I would stay up and watch all the B&W 'B' movies of nuclear-created mutants, etc. It was pretty cool cuz she got more scared than I and I was like 10. :D 50 ft. Woman was really good. Not scary but I've always wondered what a 50 ft woman's jugs wouldda been like!!! :D

Edited by robhic
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 11:37 PM, Speleothem said:

"The Exorcist."  When it came out.

Girlfriend picked the movie and I had no idea what to expect.

Yep, monsters didn’t scare me much but the devil played against my religious up bridging still scares me.

I wasn't going to post this but I figured "what the Hell!".

One movie that left me terrified, was watching "Big Bad Mama".  I woke up at night in a cold sweat, thinking that those people might do another movie.

4 hours ago, Duc748s said:

Jaws... My Dad thought going to the beach after taking us to see Jaws was a good idea LOL (was ~8 at the time)

Won’t let my son see it since we snorkel and hopefully will scuba together.

As a kid, The Tingler did. All the other mummy and Frankenstein and Dracula movies did not bother me at all. 

As an adult, Jaws didn't really scare me so much as it made me aware that the ocean was not a swimming pool. I never went out past the breakers again, in fact not much deeper than my ankles. :fred:

The 1956 version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers when I was eight years old about Summer of 1967 scared me. I became a major horror movie fan and spent a lot of weekend nights watching Creature Features hosted by Bob Wilkins.