What Movie Scared You Most?

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, Someday said:

Looks better, although the original Penny Wise was a lot meaner looking - of course, I was a lot younger then!

I think they did a far better job casting this movie. To be fair to the first rendition, it was a made-for-TV production and was working on a much smaller budget. Even so, I think they did a terrible job casting it. I wonder if the person responsible for casting it actually read the book? They didn't cast a single actor who I thought fit his part. I couldn't get past this problem, so I guess I never gave the movie a chance. This one issue ruined the experience for me.

• Administrators
Just now, Someday said:

All I remember is Wesley Crusher being one of the kids, I honestly don't remember who else was in it.

That guy irritates me. I hated him on Star Trek TNG, I hated him in It and I hated him in Stand By Me. I managed to enjoy Star Trek TNG and Stand By Me in spite of him, but I really do not like him as an actor. In fact, he doesn't strike me as someone I would like, IRL.

• Like 1

There was an episode of TNG when Q turned him into an adult - while they kept his voice the same, I remember laughing and thinking that he could never look that grown up - even with a demi-god's help. Come to think of it now, I think I did get the movies mixed up - lack of sleep will do that to a person!

36 minutes ago, Eric said:

BTW, once in a while, they take one of SK's novels and knock it out of the park, with the movie version. The Shining was such a movie. So was Green Mile. There were others that weren't as successful, but that I really liked, like Silver Bullet, Christine and Fire Starter. I haven't seen The Gunslinger. I'm hoping it is a good flick. I really couldn't get into the books.

Save your money!! No, seriously!

• Like 1

Star Trek 2, The Wrath of Khan.

Them little ear bug thingies. I thought I saw those things around the house for weeks. It was my first PG movie.

Some nameless space colonization movie on TV a few years later. The astronauts came down with a virus/mental illness on some dark planet. Scared the hell outta me.

• Like 1

lol no manbearpig   . movie started with a W  the actors  were not mainstream  all i remember was  that creature .   it bothered me more then scared   me . 

also  Creep show  and Poltergeist   and Grizzly   . I  have no idea what my mom was thinking with that one  my older brother took me to see it and i was like 8 years old lol .

The movie you mentioned also bothered me , was that the one that was kinda narrated and the bigfoot hunters  put up like motion detectors  and  bigfoots threw rocks  at their cabin ?  

also  Boggy creek is another one 

Edited by Wick

8 hours ago, Wick said:

dunno name of it , but it had a  half man half deer  creature   in it .  top half was a deer .    

Not sure if this is what you're thinking about -- but the "Masters of Horror" series of individual short movies for television had an episode called "Deer Woman." It was directed by John Landis (of "An American Werewolf in London" fame), and was one of the best films of the series... :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0643103/

Poltergeist, I still don't like effin clowns. Also, the last movie to really creep me out as a kid was Aliens. Saw the first one in theaters and thought it was awesome, but it didn't scare me. The second one however really screwed with my head. Every time I closed my eyes that night I saw those little xeno-bastages crawling over the edge of my bed. I think it was something to do with the fact that they were marines that were fully armed and fighting back and it still wasn't enough.

The original, black and white "The Haunting", never showed a ghost or monster just let you imagination do the work.. When I was younger I found "Legend of Hell House" pretty scary.

I have always liked the movies that scare you without gory monsters, gallons of blood and gore, good lighting and mood music can make things a lot scarier than any special effect.

• 9 months later...

Image result for dracula movie

Dracula was the first scary movie I remember watching. I slept with a light on for months before I finally calmed down from it and my wife made me turn light off. :) 

(Ok, maybe not my wife, but my dad finally made me stop sleeping with a light on.) 

Only one really scared me.

I badgered my parents to take be to the 1951 movie, "The Thing From Another World".  Scared the poop out of me!

What was fascinating was the use of shadows and dark places while not showing you the real monster.  Absolutely remarkable use of the viewers imagination, to create what would frighten you the most without showing you "the thing".

On 9/4/2017 at 6:47 AM, DrB said:

Was an old Black and White "B" movie about trees that could come alive move around and snatch you.  Don't remember the name but I remember watching my back when outside in the dark around trees for several weeks after that.  I was young boy at the time. Was on Ghoulardi "Shock Theater"   My parents did not want me to watch his show but I always found a way anyhow..

Dave..

The movie you're thinking about is "Day of the Triffids" I believe.

For me, The Exorcist.  I was 22 or 23 at the time I saw it... I watched it alone while wife was at work.  It still creeps me out and I won't watch it again.

Edited by Lord