Mass shooting at bar; attack on the right by the left?

PNWguy

Pure speculation, but we've all seen discussions regarding increased attacks on the right by the left if the mid-terms were not a rousing success for the leftists.

Shooter used smoke bombs and didn't say anything before opening fire on the crowd.  It was college country night.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-police-response-after-reports-of-shooting-at-california-nightclub

Authorities in Thousand Oaks, Calif., responded Wednesday to reports of a mass shooting just before midnight at a nightclub hosting a college night.

Authorities said at least 11 people were shot, including one deputy at the Borderline Bar & Grill. Police told the Los Angeles Times that at least 30 shots were fired and the gunman used smoke bombs. It was unclear what type of weapon the shooter used.

Thousand Oaks about 40 miles west of Los Angeles.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the suspect was caught. Authorities said they believed the shooter was contained inside the bar and that there was no threat to the public outside the building.

Ventura County Sheriff's Office Capt. Garo Kuredjian said it was still “a very active scene.”

The officer was rushed to a nearby hospital, but Kuredjian couldn't immediately provide information on the extent of the victims' injuries.

“There were shots fired at the Borderline Bar and Grill” at 11:20 p.m., said Kuredjian, a spokesman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department. “As deputies responded, they also heard shots.” Additional units from the California Highway Patrol, Simi Valley and the F.B.I. responded, he said.

About a dozen heavily armed officers were seen lining up against a wall, appearing to prepare to storm the building. Medical workers were seen loading at least one victim onto a gurney, preparing him for transport.

Live video posted by KABC-TV of Los Angeles showed aerial footage of armed officers entering the nightclub and numerous police vehicles outside.

Police vehicles and fire engines were seen blocking off traffic in the surrounding area.

Other officers appeared to be scattered in the vicinity.

Witnesses inside the club told local news outlets that patrons used chairs to break windows and hid in the club's attic.

“I knew it was live, knew it was real," a 56-year-old witness told KABC-TV.  "He [the gunman] didn't say anything at all. He just started shooting."

• Sad 1

Updated now to include 12 dead...  Prayers for the victims and their families...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-police-response-after-reports-of-shooting-at-california-nightclub

At least 12 people were killed late Wednesday night when a gunman opened fire at a nightclub in Thousand Oaks, Calif., police said.

Hundreds of people were inside the Borderline Bar & Grill for "college country night." Shots rang out at around 11:20 p.m., Ventura County police said. Witnesses inside said patrons used chairs to break windows in an attempt to escape the gunfire.

• Like 1

i am watching the procession of Sgt. Helus through the streets of CA. right now,lined with people waving flags and crying.

the story i heard of Sgt. Helus is he is responsible for saving many lives by buying the people in the bar enough time to get out by engaging the bad guy.

thats a hero right there and thousands of people recognize it.

Prayers to his Family.

May He Rest In Peace.

God Bless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I don't think politics had anything to do with this. He was a Marine vet that served in Afghanistan, a machine-gunner evidently. He was evidently just a weirdo, and maybe some PTSD, or a lot.

Choosing a college/country night might just be because there was a lot of people at the bar......dunno. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

A mental health crisis team chose not to involuntarily commit Thousand Oaks gunman Ian David Long for mental health evaluation and treatment in April of this year.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/08/report-mental-health-team-chose-not-to-commit-ian-long-earlier-this-year/

Hindsight is always 20/20

was there any indication of violent tendencies? Or history of violence?

you can’t blame them for not knowing, but you can blame them if they should have known

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20

was there any indication of violent tendencies? Or history of violence?

you can’t blame them for not knowing, but you can blame them if they should have known

I only posted an article. I have ZERO clue what was going on. **** like this is way beyond anything I can (or want to) grasp.

• Like 3

That's a tough read.  Sgt. Helus went in after the guy and got killed.  

Think about this - the thing we griped about the officers in Broward County not doing, going in after the shooter?  This man and the patrolman with him had the stones to do exactly that.  They went in after the son of a bitch.

Rest in peace Sgt. Helus.  You are an an honor to your department, your profession, and the badge.

Apparently there were other off-duty officers in the bar as well.  If I'm reading the story right, at least one formed a shield for a young lady with his body.

Something broke inside the shooter's brain IMO.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Presguy said:

One of the deceased recently named is Justin Meek. Justin was the son of a friend of mine, a recent criminal justice graduate of California Lutheran, and a devoted volunteer to the schools veteran's resource office.

I'm so sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Presguy said:

One of the deceased recently named is Justin Meek. Justin was the son of a friend of mine, a recent criminal justice graduate of California Lutheran, and a devoted volunteer to the schools veteran's resource office.

Please extend our sympathies to your friend.  Let him know he raised his child right.    

• Like 3