New CZ P09 today

Collim1

Total impulse. Saw a used one in my local shop today. Offered them $380 OTD and they took it. 

I know nothing about it.  Not sure if If i am going to run the decocker or the manual safety.  Traditional DA is very familiar to me so I will prolly go that route.  I will certainly atleast try the manual safety.  Looking at YouTube videos it seems like a 5 minute job to swap them.

I’m not usually one to focus on capacity, but 20rds is pretty impressive. Especially a gun with a nice thin ergonomic grip like this one. 

I wanted a double stack 9mm for home defense. My beloved Beretta M9 doesn’t have a rail, so I was looking to find a railed 9mm. Guess I got one. 

I wont be able to shoot it until next week. Hopefully I will like it. 

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a terrific DA/SA or SA pistol IMO.  I find the double action to be long, but I have dry fired mine relentlessly and it feels like it has smoothed out some. Single action feels very crisp on mine. I'm debating whether or not to spend some $$$ with Cajun Gun Works and tune it up a bit.

I can say that if you find that you really like the P-09 you will find yourself either acquiring another one or acquiring a P-07.

17 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Like mine with the decocker. Good pistol.

Is it a Duty or gen2?

That’s a good question. I was assuming it was the Duty variant as I wasn’t aware there were other options. I’ll have to look at the box when I get home from dinner. 

Whats the difference? And it is a negative if it’s the gen2 variant?

I am using a Bladetech with mine. Now, that being said, you run into the problem of not finding a holster that will allow an attached light. I like the Olight with the quick release mechanism for home use. I have a light laser combo that I could use as well. Currently mine is set up with a .22lr conversion that is a lot of fun.

The Bladetech, you can get a drop down attachment to use with the holster. I have several holsters of this type, Blackhawk or Bladetech, all have the drop down, quick detach option.

Running the decock on mine. When I first got it, I did not understand the decock option as to why. Educated myself, tried it out, then it made sense. Decock after the shooting is done and ready to holster, ride the hammer all the way in. Also, when that beast is loaded up fully with 19 +1, it is heavy. I like mine so much it became the springboard to my small collection of a 75pcr, 75 BD,  Scorpian EVO.

11 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

We need pics!  :biggrin:

I am a lousy photographer. But I will try to get a pic or two up tomorrow.  She’s not a very pretty girl, has an all busniness appearance IMO. 

Im still excited to shoot her next week when I get off work.  

• Like 1

I still have not located a holster for this thing. I don’t do kydex, and leather just doesn’t appear to a popular option for this gun. 

For now I may just end up with a cheap Fobus for the range. I probably won’t ever carry it, but I like to have a decent OWB leather holster for all my handguns.