Cheap ammo.

Cougar_ml

So not sure where I should put something like this.

It's been a while since I saw 22LR ammo under 5 cents a round, but in my email was an offer for thunderbolt 22 ammo for less than that.  Thought I'd share.  

$12 per 500 round box.  Shipping is flat $15 for the order, so the more you buy the cheaper per round it comes out to. 

https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/remington-ammunition-tb22b-thunderbolt-22-lr-round-nose-40-gr-500box-10case-1/?ctk=996b32d1-f66a-43d0-8ea0-496e65691b3a&utm_source=Vizards+Guns+And+Ammo+news+letter&utm_campaign=f440789cf1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_05_05_08_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6872f3eb95-f440789cf1-168555381&goal=0_6872f3eb95-f440789cf1-168555381&mc_cid=f440789cf1&mc_eid=31e9c9c88e

I did 10 boxes, for 5k rounds total.  With the shipping (Flat rate $15) I ended up spending 2.7 cents per round.  

• Thanks 1

I bough a box of 500 a couple years ago at Wally World when they popped up again. Shot a few mags through my S&W Victory, notices loss off accuracy and even keyholing, looked inside the barrel, and saw a bunch of leading. I left the box at the range because I didn't know where else to get rid of it.

Been back to CCI ever since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I think all you can do is hope for the best. Remington Thunderbolt is the worst ammo I've ever used. Maybe it's better now. Let us know how it shoots.

It will probably just end up in the back of the storage area if it shoots bad.  I'm sure we're going to end up with another liberal president at some point with dreams of taking all the guns and ammo, and it will be worth more than I paid, even if it's crappy ammo.  That's not my plan, but it's one option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

It will probably just end up in the back of the storage area if it shoots bad.  I'm sure we're going to end up with another liberal president at some point with dreams of taking all the guns and ammo, and it will be worth more than I paid, even if it's crappy ammo.  That's not my plan, but it's one option.

I'd suggest opening a couple of bricks, try shooting some of it, and if it's really bad, keep those bricks to sell if ammo becomes scarce and send the rest back for a refund.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I'd suggest opening a couple of bricks, try shooting some of it, and if it's really bad, keep those bricks to sell if ammo becomes scarce and send the rest back for a refund.

I'll probably use some of it to teach shooting fundamentals to younger family members around here, at close range the poor accuracy won't be so bad.  If nothing else I'll just go steal my dad's revolver for it, as that thing is very simple to clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t waste your money on that.  For 1¢ more per round, you can get CCI ammo that is almost the same spec as mini-mags.  Don’t let the tacticool name scare you.  This stuff is excellent.  

https://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-ar-tactical-22lr-40gr-copper-plated-round-nose-300rds-0956.html?avad=211021_f13ae5c4d&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

• Like 1

10 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

Don’t waste your money on that.  For 1¢ more per round, you can get CCI ammo that is almost the same spec as mini-mags.  Don’t let the tacticool name scare you.  This stuff is excellent.  

https://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-ar-tactical-22lr-40gr-copper-plated-round-nose-300rds-0956.html?avad=211021_f13ae5c4d&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

I've been using CCI rimfire ammo since the late 60's early 1970's, mostly mini-mags, but I've tried several other varieties in including Blazers, Green tag, CB and CB long, CCI "Quiet" , Stingers, and Velocitors and I've also tried the AR tactical which is optimized for use in 22 LR AR's and was specifically tested for the S&W M&P 15/22, but worked well in 10-22, charger, and Browning ATD. 

All of the 22's I own "like" Blazers as well as mini-mags better than most other ammo I've tried. During the ammo shortage I bought one of  Henry versions of the AR-7 survival rifles on special because if you bought a 22 rifle, it came with 250 rounds of Winchester ammo in a wooden gift box. The Winchester ammo was OK but it didn't shoot as well as mini-mags or blazers in any of my other guns. 

Edited by Borg warner