<pic> One of my "not mainstream" guns that I really REALLY enjoy.

nitesite

Hand-Rifle TALO Edition in .357 Magnum.  Only a few were made with that barrel length and fixed sights.  They did a run of .44 Magnum versions as well.  I should have bought both.

It LOVES 180-gr Hornady XTP loads that approach .357 MAXIMUM pressures and velocities because the throat lets me seat the bullet long at the second cannelure.  And my 158-gr cast and PC'd bullets shoot really well too.

Topped with a Bushnell red dot that was made in Japan.

Thanks for looking!

Anyone else have a fun gun that isn't at all "mainstream" and maybe a little odd?????

Handi_with_dot_sight.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, nitesite said:

Hand-Rifle TALO Edition in .357 Magnum.  Only a few were made with that barrel length and fixed sights.  They did a run of .44 Magnum versions as well.  I should have bought both.

It LOVES 180-gr Hornady XTP loads that approach .357 MAXIMUM pressures and velocities because the throat lets me seat the bullet long at the second cannelure.  And my 158-gr cast and PC'd bullets shoot really well too.

Topped with a Bushnell red dot that was made in Japan.

Thanks for looking!

Anyone else have a fun gun that isn't at all "mainstream" and maybe a little odd?????

Handi_with_dot_sight.jpg

16" barrel?

19 minutes ago, nitesite said:

Soooo... nobody else enjoys a slightly unusual gun?

Well, I could show off my anti bear .500 S&W ES kit again, but I figured that everybody around here has seen it.

I've got a couple .327 Federal Magnums, but the SP101 and the GP100 are not unusual frames. How about a P229 Legion in .357SIG?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 9:22 AM, Historian said:

Not sure why I had to have it.  You really need to own a horse if you have a Uberti Walker.   One hell of a fine pistol.

image.jpeg.d16cf1b1971a14dc7061bc79baabb591.jpeg

Love those charcoal burning six guns.

Here is a .36 cal Uberti 1862 Navy converted to .38 LC using the Kirst cylinder and ejector assembly. As long as you use hollow base bullets, they will buck up and provide pretty decent accuracy.

QsfuXXVjf_GuRcAzNXeoltxsmnqnzxt1WbsyXKpY

• Like 1

I had a Ruger SP 101 in .327 for a while, but I ended up selling to some guy in Florida.  It was fun, but punishing with American Eagle 100 grain bullets

Indid have one of those break open rifles, NEF I think, in .223 with a bull barrel and it was amazingly accurate.  One of those regrets that went down the road.