New watch with navy blue face

ARP

I have one coming, got it about 60% off retail of $325. Orient, chrono quartz with an internal rotating azmuth bezel. Unique, discontinued. Anyway, has a metal bracelet. I dont really like metal, pinches my arm, pulls the hair etc. I prefer silicon followed by leather. The watch has an aviation flavor to it. So, new strap will be ordered. What color, navy blue or a tan/ brown leather? Chances are I'll order both. What yinz think?

Edited by ARP

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.f901bb573ef39ae7f4b2d8513eff0a85.png

Nice Watch.. I like.  I have been looking at some Orient watches.  A  watch fanatic at work says they are good watches.  He wears Omegas and Rolex but he does like some of the Orient watches.  Good choice...

12 hours ago, pipedreams said:

I enjoy wearing a watch but the weight and diameter of some of these new watches are a no can do for me.

The thing about Orient, I think the one in my picture is about the largest case size they have. 43-44mm is a perfect size for me with 41 being the smallest I would go. Believe it or not, I'm also looking at another more simple and elegant Orient that is an off shoot of the Bambino line they offer. It is an automatic with a day and date, again not expensive. That seems to be what Orient is all about, a good every day watch that operates well, in house movements, great style, what's not to like. I have looked at Seiko, Citizen, own a Tissot(good quality on that one for a quartz chrono) and a Wenger (both are swiss made quartz movements). My watches can get beat up, why I cringe at going over $200 for one. If I destroy one, I'm not out too much.

edit: read today that Orient is owned by Seiko, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think it broke. I can't zero out the chrono, it goes past the 12 upon reset to about 3 seconds. It keeps time okay, but when I shake it I hear something rattle. The push button to start and stop the chrono is "undefined", meaning I push it and there is no click, just kind of a mushy feel. The second hand activates, and begins to rotate, push to stop, then hit button to reset and it does not zero out. So I'm going to send it back. 

I still like the blue face/stainless case, may look at a Tissot or Wenger or Victorinox. I have a Tissot quartz chrono, the movement is really nice on the reset, everything snaps back to zero with authority.

A quick "how to reset quartz chrono" google search will bring up numerous links on how to reset it. 

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/31779-how-to-reset-a-quartz-chrono/

Also, the stop/start button on most low-end chronos will feel the same; no defined click. Hope you didn't send it back for nothing, if you already have...

Edited by Rizzo