I have a chrome book, security question

ARP

It is becoming my go to device these days, first because I can sit in my easy chair and do both tv and internet at the same time. My question is security and anti virus protection from the google store, which FREE one is best? I had Norton, the free subscription expired and they want money to further protect my chrome book. When I am home, Norton is provided to my internet via Xfinity. When I am on the road, until I get something else, it is up for grabs. Or something outside of the googlestore?

I think I may have answered my own question, ran across an article or 2 that more or less said that chromebook does not need antivirus. I added a few recommended extentions, run duckduckgo as my default search engine. I should be good to go.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, ARP said:

I think I may have answered my own question, ran across an article or 2 that more or less said that chromebook does not need antivirus. I added a few recommended extentions, run duckduckgo as my default search engine. I should be good to go.

Yes. You did answer it.

I've been using a Chromebase for my desktop and Chromebook at work for years. I would highly recommend both. I've never added any anti virus to either and never had any issues. Just make you check to make sure your system is up to date and you should be good to go. And it costs nothing for updates.

Edited by Duluth
Added to comment.

They issue those to the kid's here in lieu of a text book, which has been an exponential failure.  That and you have to put tape over the camera, because there have been enough arrested child molesters around here, some have been peaking and stroking off at the same time.  Every time I turn around a teacher, a coach, or someone is busted for having sex with underage kids.  For a small town it is an epidemic.  Sentences are stiff, depending on who you know.  A nobody gets a life sentence.  A somebody gets off on probation.  It is hard as hell not visiting the second group.  Except for the damn tree line, I can "visit" them a mile out.

I have "taped over" the lens on every device I use....not that I don't trust Goooogle, but I don't trust Goooogle...

And, I wish that there was a way to "disable" an I phone....(I liked being able to remove the battery from my Flip phone.)

Edited by DAKA
  • Like 2