Glock gained another fan...

PNWguy

My brother is a 12yr veteran LEO and currently a Detective.  He's been carrying Sigs for his entire career.  His patrol weapon was a P220 .45 acp, then when he made Detective, the department issued him a P229 in .357 Sig.  He loved it.

New sheriff got elected and decided they needed to trade in all of their old Sigs and get all new Gen 5 Glocks.  Patrol guys were supposed to get G17s while Detectives and admin got G19s.

Apparently they've been backlogged and having issues getting the new pistols, so the only pistols available were G17s.  My brother was issued one and was not happy.

Then he took it to the range to qualify on his new weapon.

He said the trigger was amazing, it pointed great, carries well, and he shot his highest score ever with it.  He fell in love with it.

He couldn't stop carrying on about how impressed he is with this new Glock.  He hasn't shot one since shooting my G31 in the late 90's and remarked that everything he hated about Glocks no longer applies.  

Just thought I'd share a positive story about the latest Glocks from a cop's perspective.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PNWguy said:

My brother is a 12yr veteran LEO and currently a Detective.  He's been carrying Sigs for his entire career.  His patrol weapon was a P220 .45 acp, then when he made Detective, the department issued him a P229 in .357 Sig.  He loved it.

New sheriff got elected and decided they needed to trade in all of their old Sigs and get all new Gen 5 Glocks.  Patrol guys were supposed to get G17s while Detectives and admin got G19s.

Apparently they've been backlogged and having issues getting the new pistols, so the only pistols available were G17s.  My brother was issued one and was not happy.

Then he took it to the range to qualify on his new weapon.

He said the trigger was amazing, it pointed great, carries well, and he shot his highest score ever with it.  He fell in love with it.

He couldn't stop carrying on about how impressed he is with this new Glock.  He hasn't shot one since shooting my G31 in the late 90's and remarked that everything he hated about Glocks no longer applies.  

Just thought I'd share a positive story about the latest Glocks from a cop's perspective.

After carrying a DA/SA Sig he must be amazed at how the first shot is the same as the last. I'm glad to hear he likes it. Hopefully he'll be able to get a G19 eventually but he might want to change out the magazine baseplates on it if he finds the magazine cutout on the gen 5 G19 uncomfortable. I used to have a Gen2 g19 and I absolutely hated that cutout but the pearce baseplate solved the problem

pearce00.jpg

• Like 1

I recently was forced to give up my issued Sig P226 I carried for the last 11 years. 

They gave us gen5 Glock 17’s. It took some getting used to for sure. I was quite a fan of the Sig. 

I bought myself a G26 as a BUG. That is a major plus for the Glock that Sig didn’t really have an equivalent to. The P224 thing never really caught on, and it was way to heavy for a BUG. 

I did buy it, but then sold it. It was a .40 model, and I’ve never been fond of .40 despite it serving its purpose all those years.  I thought that I would hold some sentimental value for it as well, but it sat in the safe and collected dust for several months, and I had little desire to carry or shoot it.

I sold it a few months ago along with several other guns in an attempt to consolidate my calibers to 9mm and .38spl only.  As much as I’ve been lucky enough to shoot lately stocking multiple calibers has become a chore.

I plan to find a nice W. German P226 in 9mm to take its place. 

My brother is planning on buying his old 229 as he has an entire ammo can filled with .357 Sig in whatever defensive ammo his department issued.  

I told him I could get a .357 Sig barrel for my G29 or G35, so share the love bro...