are you cold natured or hot natured ?

ASH

being in NC  all my life and outside  70% of my life ,  im neutral  

i hate our summers   , if we did not have 100 %  humidity   its not so bad , but older i got less tolerable, plus some meds i take make me sweat aweful 

from may to august  terrible ,  if  no humidity its fine .    during farming season   i would sometimes lose 6 pounds in a day .  like it about 78  and coldest  bout 45  

if i had to pick  now that im done farming  i can tolerate summers i hope better because of not working .  

my wife is from PA   and anything below 89 she hates.  but thats coming from a state that is frozen like 5 months out of year lol .

what says you  ?

17 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Medium. But the older I get the less I like winters. Old injuries don’t do as well in the cold as in the heat. We get extremes both ways here. I look forward to summer. I almost dread winter. 

yeah my bones are wore out ,  ive had so many injuries   over the years,   if its really cold  my wrists, and knees  elbows  hurt llike a mfer.  

my wrist prolly from wrenching all these years , knees i had to have both knees operated on back in 85   , elbows from gout attacks .  

• Like 1

I much prefer the cold.  Once it gets to about 75 outside I'm just about done.

On the other hand, working outside in a t-shirt when it's below freezing doesn't bother me if I stay busy.  I remember getting yelled at in the Army when it was 20 degrees outside plus wind and we were unloading a truck and I took my uniform top off because I was starting to sweat.

I love the cold, but I'm fat, so...

Even when I was 220lbs and 10% body fat I preferred the colder temps.  I've been in 125 degree heat at Fort Irwin and -70 wind chill in Iowa.  I survived both.  But these recent 65 degree sunny days here in North Idaho have been perfect.  Going camping next week in my pop-up camper and upper twenties at night will be wonderful.

• Like 1

Mostly neutral. When it comes to extremes, I think I do better with higher temperatures than lower, though.

A few years ago, we worked outside for three days in Las Vegas in August and it was 112 each day. I was pretty uncomfortable, but did well considering I had zero preparation. We stepped off the plane and drove straight to the site at 2 pm and worked until 11 pm. All but one of my colleagues from VA had to get to some AC pretty quickly.

I also lived on the gulf coast one summer and didn't have trouble with the heat.

When I have worked outside in the winter, I think I froze worse than people around me. Maybe they seemed happier than they were, though. Lol

Edited by Brad

Doesn't matter to me.  I've shot matches in 90+ degrees, 90+ humidity, and I've shot them in the teens with snow on the ground.  The same for fishing.  I know how to layer for cold and I tolerate heat very well.  When my buddies have sweated through their clothes I'm usually still pretty dry.  I don't like rain much, though I've shot matches in that too.  In fact I had a nice 17 second 10-10-4+ Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun stage last Saturday while it was raining.

I grew up in western New York near Buffalo so the cold has never bothered me. But I lived in Los Angeles for many years and absolutely hated the hot weather unless I could be near the ocean. I spent time in both the Mojave and Borrego deserts and I tolerated it but those kinds of temperatures are unfit for human life. It's no wonder the Arabs are such disagreeable people living in those Gawd-awful desert Hell-holes.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, Collim1 said:

I used to be very hot natured and constantly wanted fans and cool air. As I’m aging I am no longer hot natured like I used to be. 

I think we all tend to be more "hot-blooded" when we're young. I moved to a colder climate and at first I actually enjoyed the winters but now that I'm getting older I'm not liking the cold winters as much.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

Pretty much neutral.  I live in an area where winters are usually low teens or single digits and windy and summers are routinely 100 degrees with high humidity and heat indexes of 100+

I sweat like a pig in the humidity.   I like fall, winter, and early spring the best.  I tolerate summer.  

• Like 1

I don't mind being out in the cold as I dress for it.  In the summer there are maybe 7 days where it's "hot" here, and it's a good excuse to sit by the lake with a cold beer or 3.  But I hate being cold in the house.  I either have the wood stove going or the thermostat set for 70 in the winter,