Trains

Eric

Train related. The Assoc. of American Railroads ( AAR ) has a Haz-Mat training center at Pueblo, CO.  They have got an 80 car derailment set up with cars plumbed with water and smoke to simulate spills. One guy has an explosives license and they will blow crap up on you if you don't correct the problems in the correct order. Been there a number of times.

They call it " Rattlesnake Junction ". They have a frozen rattlesnake in the freezer in the classroom. The first thing on the first day is show and tell of that frozen rattler saying " run away. run away".

Always stopped at the Coors brewery on the way out with my guys.  :greensupergrin:

start @ 2:40

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Eric said:

How about automobiles?

I got the reference, but wasn’t here to contribute......damn nap

trains, bikes, and automobiles would have to do it for me, got the licenses for all....but I can only like planes.

?

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

You'll notice I liked all of the Pennsylvania posts. I like all RR photo/posts but my family on Mom's side  and my older brother worked out of Rook Station where the round house used to be. I wanted to get into that line of work but they were closing shop when I entered the work force. tom.:dunno:

image.png.dea6b93cb697b311a326cdd96404fd1a.png

Edited by deputy tom
added pic
  • Like 3

Who doesn't?

We're thinking of using Higg's bosons as a way to start the matter/anti-matter containment field for the black hole.

Now, all we have to do is find some.

That last longer than a picosecond.

Preferably, in Kelly green.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, willie-pete said:

SAC also had their own railroad for a short while.  I've seen the control center car and the launch cars ( from afar - they would not let me nose around them:cry:)  in Pueblo, CO at the Railroad TTC. when I went out there for rail Haz-Mat training.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacekeeper_Rail_Garrison

The Air Force Museum has one.  You can only nose around it so much, but maybe better:

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/197554/peacekeeper-rail-garrison-car/

• Like 3