state fairs , going today ,,

ASH

http://www.ncstatefair.org/2018/index.htm

its last day  for fair and ive been up 3 times to help out at the grow nc booths   but today we are taking Piper our grand kid to the fair , which i know 

she will love ,  if any gters  are in NC  and heading to fair ,  swing by the booth  and look for a old 6,2  dude  with grizzly adams beard  and long hair .   and a cute kid beside him 

do yall hit your state fairs  ?? or skip ?  

1 minute ago, Al Czervik said:

State fairs.  Man, I haven't been to one of those since about 1980.

I think it was sometime in the 1990s for me. Kids aged out and I lost interest. Then they sealed the deal by getting the legislature to pass a special law that was contrary to the earlier law on concealed carry not being able to be prohibited on fairgrounds. Now the state fairgrounds are prohibited locations when the state fair is in session. 

We have one of if not the largest state fairs in the country about 4 miles from my house.      

I'm 45 years old now and have been to that damn fair about 25 times.   Very burnt out on it.   I might go every three years now.  Maybe.    

I don't really like people anymore and I honestly don't get the enjoyment of standing in a line for over a half hour to do something.  That is NOT fun.   

OK, I'm done complaining now.  :)  

puyallup-fair.jpg

041214+-+Spring+Fair.jpg

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ASH said:

http://www.ncstatefair.org/2018/index.htm

its last day  for fair and ive been up 3 times to help out at the grow nc booths   but today we are taking Piper our grand kid to the fair , which i know 

she will love ,  if any gters  are in NC  and heading to fair ,  swing by the booth  and look for a old 6,2  dude  with grizzly adams beard  and long hair .   and a cute kid beside him 

do yall hit your state fairs  ?? or skip ?  

Meth?

yesterdays fair Piper's  pictures  

and was chilly  

ofcourse she had to have cotton candy  , riding pony , now she wants one,  she is sporting  chewbacca  hoodie  lol

and poppy had to win a monkey    and we could not pull her away from watching  the chicks hatch ,  atleast 30 minutes . 

44659294_10155930986120838_1247335661845872640_n.jpg

44645698_10155930986560838_2367466499897032704_n.jpg

44331978_10155930986790838_3103955062179758080_n.jpg

44608657_10155930986280838_8136201465027887104_n.jpg

• Like 1

I like going on the rides that are obviously skeevy, poorly maintained, and dangerous-looking.  The kind where you really do have a chance of getting killed.  Like the ones that Joe Dirt would run.

It adds to the excitement with that extra jolt of adrenaline.

shes 2  and almost won  whack a mole  game lol  but lost  barely to like a 8 year old .  

me and her dad will have to  hone our skills on grapplin  when boy come around ,  

my wife take her to a thing called story time  each week  where they learn a different subject each week ,  and there is a little boy named  austin  who hangs with her ,  and i was goingthru pics my wife took 

and i said who is that blonde headed boy  in all the pics with  Piper ?  she said oh thats her little boy friend  , i was like oh hell no , since im retired  poppy  will be checking out this story time  roflmao

We go almost every year. My wife enters artwork into competition. She gets a discount pass for us because she entered something. It’s fun. Good BBQ. Junk to look at. I like the stupid midway skill games. Oh, redneck girls in boots and mini skirts are always entertaining. 

• Administrators

I have not been to the actual Texas State Fair in a good while.  I probably need to change that.  I did get stuck in its traffic a few weeks ago, just wandering aimlessly around Dallas one night. 

I enjoy festivals and fairs.  I do go to the San Antonio Rodeo every year, which is larger than some State Fairs.  There is usually a performer or two I want to see and before the show, you can wonder around the grounds for hours.