ESPN College GamdDay tomorrow in my town. It's freaking nuts!

PNWguy

I work in Pullman, WA, home of Washington State University and the Cougar football team.  I work in corporate security for the largest employer in the area and we are on the edge of the WSU campus.

They are expecting 75,000 to 100,000 people in town for the game.  I live in a little town 14 miles away and my town was packed and all RV spots full.  The game is tomorrow afternoon and the City of Pullman has declared a State of Emergency...

https://pullmanradio.com/pullman-city-council-approves-emergency-declaration-for-espn-college-gameday-visit/

No real threat to our property; just running off people trying to park RVs in our parking lots.  We are allowing folks to park on our property to attend the game about a mile away, but not allowing any tailgating or overnight stays.

Lots of cops are going to make a lot of OT pay this weekend...

https://pullmanradio.com/wsupd-bringing-in-extra-officers-to-help-patrol-campus-this-weekend/

We have a police scanner in our Opscenter and it is pretty much non-stop from 9pm to 3am with alcohol and loud music calls.

WSU students have a reputation of burning couches in the street and rioting when they win something, so tomorrow night may be quite exciting.

• Like 1

The WSU flag is pretty legendary with the Gameday gig. Somehow, it's always present...for like the last 10-15 years, it has always been waving around in the background. I'd say your biggest threat to security is gonna be someone stealing the flag, so that the first gameday the flag misses....is a home game.

Prime suspect...

5814bced1643eb4ddf000001.png

Edited by Airmotive
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PNWguy said:

I work in Pullman, WA, home of Washington State University and the Cougar football team.  I work in corporate security for the largest employer in the area and we are on the edge of the WSU campus.

They are expecting 75,000 to 100,000 people in town for the game.  I live in a little town 14 miles away and my town was packed and all RV spots full.  The game is tomorrow afternoon and the City of Pullman has declared a State of Emergency...

https://pullmanradio.com/pullman-city-council-approves-emergency-declaration-for-espn-college-gameday-visit/

No real threat to our property; just running off people trying to park RVs in our parking lots.  We are allowing folks to park on our property to attend the game about a mile away, but not allowing any tailgating or overnight stays.

Lots of cops are going to make a lot of OT pay this weekend...

https://pullmanradio.com/wsupd-bringing-in-extra-officers-to-help-patrol-campus-this-weekend/

We have a police scanner in our Opscenter and it is pretty much non-stop from 9pm to 3am with alcohol and loud music calls.

WSU students have a reputation of burning couches in the street and rioting when they win something, so tomorrow night may be quite exciting.

Hopefully the Ducks pull it off and prevent couch arson (I dunno how to put a smilie face to show I am pulling your leg. should be a good game)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flags said:

Hopefully the Ducks pull it off and prevent couch arson (I dunno how to put a smilie face to show I am pulling your leg. should be a good game)

I went to the U of I which is 8 miles away.  My brother-in-laws are both football players for EWU.  I played in high school and enjoyed the game, so I really have no side.  As long as the game is good and the fans are civil, I'm good.

At half-time the score is 27-0 for the Cougs…

See the source image

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walt Longmire said:

Mattress on fire?

WSU students are infamous for burning their furniture in the streets to celebrate football wins.  Its unseasonably warm tonight with no rain at 43 degrees.  A lot of young people are going to ruin their lives tonight.

2 hours ago, PNWguy said:

WSU students are infamous for burning their furniture in the streets to celebrate football wins.  Its unseasonably warm tonight with no rain at 43 degrees.  A lot of young people are going to ruin their lives tonight.

Sounds about right. Mommy, come get me. College sucks.