you hear a bump in the night what...

ASH

is your go to firearm ?   mine is  rtf g17     and if i really  hear alot of bumps  its a ksg shotgun  hanging on wall in bedroom , used to be beside the bed but when our

grand baby spends the night   they go up on wall shelf ,  

had a incident last week , im  watching movie with headphones on , wife comes in said someone is in basement , so for basement i grab shotgun because the steps are in middle of basement so walking it down you are semi compromised in 4 directions ,  but it turned out a raccoon  was down there climbing on shelves  , it had opened a duct side window, sneaky little ******.  

• Like 1

So, if there is a bump in the night, the first thing that happens is 140 lbs of dog gets after it. There is a G22 on my side of the bed, a SR9c on my wife,  and a 12 ga at the ready for whatever is not taken down or run off by the dog.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

G20.4 with night sights just to take a quick look around.

If I hear something that actually concerns me as opposed to just the average bump it's go to the other room and grab the AR-15 pistol in 300BO, 10 inch barrel, folding stock, and single point sling.  Red dot sight one of the new Sig line that has an auto on when it's moved, so no worries about fumbling for switches.

• Like 2

Heard a big crash last week that got my heart rate going full speed. 

I was still dressed from the day so I had my airweight revolver on me. I cleared the house to my minivault on the nightstand which got me access to my P220 equipped with a WML and a spare magazine. Cleared the rest of the house and discovered the source of the noise. Turned out to be the shower curtain rod falling and it knocked the mirror off the wall on its way down.  Felt stupid afterwards. 

I have a boy in the house these days, so no unsecured weapons are left out.

I used to like having a Mossberg loaded with #4 buck propped up beside the bed. 

• Like 3

All the bumps in the night are the 150# runt of a mastiff's lethal tail banging on the walls, the cabinets, the sliding glass door.  If anyone breaks in, it's the little 30# shaussie that's going to bite them.  The mastiff will just pin them to the wall leaning on them and trying to get them to scratch behind his ears.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I live alone, except for my 100lb lab mix, Rowdy.  He has a doggy door onto the back deck and backyard, so he likes to sit on the back deck and survey the surrounding neighborhood.  Deer in the yard set him off.  Hates them.

But if I'm in the house and Rowdy starts growling, then I have an M&P40 with a tac light next to my bed, and a 12ga pump with tac light above the front door.  I have cleared the house a couple of times.

When I first moved in, I had a couple of "paranormal" instances but nothing since.

• Like 2

my G22 or 1911 is by my bedside if i`m asleep and if i`m awake its on my hip.

if i need more my Mossberg is close by the bed and loaded with Federal Flight control.

if i need more then that i need to move.

someone would be hard pressed to get into my house without making a really loud noise.

but i have cleared my house before and there may or may not be a killbox.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

All the bumps in the night are the 150# runt of a mastiff's lethal tail banging on the walls, the cabinets, the sliding glass door.  If anyone breaks in, it's the little 30# shaussie that's going to bite them.  The mastiff will just pin them to the wall leaning on them and trying to get them to scratch behind his ears.

Anyone with sense won't want to piss off a Mastiff.

• Like 2

Retired LEO here. Still have my duty belt and it still fits after 10 years of retirement. 40 cal.  Glock model 22 in holster with two extra mags in pouches.  .38 S&W revolver for wife. Only had one incident that turned out to be neighbor beating on my door for help due to domestic issue. Let neighbor in while teenage son was running around yard with knife threatening everyone. Called police. They arrested knife wielding teenager. As they were talking with neighbor, teenager kicked back door window out of police car. Let's just say he had a bad night after that.

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, jmohme said:

So, if there is a bump in the night, the first thing that happens is 140 lbs of dog gets after it. There is a G22 on my side of the bed, a SR9c on my wife,  and a 12 ga at the ready for whatever is not taken down or run off by the dog.

Exactly. "Sic balls, Chopper." 

• Like 2