what is your favorite at home meal

ASH

and do you have  a special day you have  it ?  

i dont have taco tuesday  but  i do have prime rib fridays  ,  with some real horseradish  and  garlic seasoned whole green beans and baked potato , dessert  sometimes

home made pecan pie ,   but ive cut out alot of desserts .  

• Like 1

Wifey makes taco fixins once in a while. Due to our schedule, she cooks in bulk and we eat on whatever for a few days. Last time, she made 5 lbs of taco meat. Took about a week, but we killed it.

Here lately, I've been going about 85% plant based, with protein from eggs and cheeses. Fell off the wagon a couple times, even had a few slices of pizza the other day. But tacos, that's a solid week of eating like a fat Southwestern American. trying to avoid that for a while longer.

• Like 1

It depends on time of year and mood. Right now, bolognese with some freshly baked bread with a fruity Spanish olive oil sounds pretty good. Another favorite is ribeye finished on the grill or butter basted with roasted duck fat potatoes. Both meals preceded by a cocktail or four and then a nice bottle of red. 

• Like 1

Thanksgiving dinner.

Turkey, Stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, greenbeans

we make it about once a month.  Normally not a full turkey, but just a breast for the 4 of us.  But if it's a day we have people coming over, we'll get a small bird

• Like 2

Neapolitan style Pizza. I have a gas fired pizza oven on the patio. It does the thin Neapolitan pizzas on under 2 minutes. I like pizza but when I make good dough and get toppings my kids like, it gets them home for a night. They are adults so it’s harder to get together. 

• Like 3

Fried chicken from a big, black cast iron skillet, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy made from the fried chicken cracklin's, and some of our frozen sweet corn that we cut off and put up last summer. 

Add a slice apple pie with a scoop of home made ice cream, or lacking the ice cream, put the pie in a bowl with some ice cold half and half or heavy cream.

When I get that for a meal, I'm very, very happy.

• Administrators
On 10/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, tous said:

We'll be right over.

Rabbi will bring the ice cream.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

I don't know what a Tous is....but it will get nothing of the sort! I say good day to you! Harumph! 

• Haha 1

So, does that mean that you're bringing the ice cream?

There will be a lot of disappointed fellows , their bellies full of great food and all they desire is just  a scoop or two of ice cream before they loosen their belts and give out with a satisfying burp.