Buying a handgun from South Africa

usnret

15 hours ago, Borg warner said:

It will cost money.  I don't understand the fascination with a gun the size of a Glock 19 chambered in 380 but I do understand that if something is harder to obtain that it makes it more desirable.

So if you want it bad enough you can have it but it will cost you.

Rand 8500-about $590..plus ship..I donno..the Browning Black label is hard to find too..but, don't like the '1911' format..wee bit less recoil than my G19(altho I know G25 a blowback design, which makes it more snappy)..Arthritis in wrist for this old fart..'recoil sensitive'..G42 for carry..be nice to have one caliber on my shelf...

Unless you are active LE or Military, it's not likely you can import a Glock 25. As was mentioned above it doesn't earn enough points on the ATFE "Sporting Purposes" chart to allow importation for sale to private citizens. In this case, the caliber is what keeps it under the minimum. 

52 minutes ago, 9x19 said:

Unless you are active LE or Military, it's not likely you can import a Glock 25. As was mentioned above it doesn't earn enough points on the ATFE "Sporting Purposes" chart to allow importation for sale to private citizens. In this case, the caliber is what keeps it under the minimum. 

52 minutes ago, 9x19 said:

Retired military? See screen name..USNRet...

Not sure about LEO or Military being able to import a G25/28. A military agency may purchase from a importer, I believe, but not a military person (individual).

Same for LEO, once imported LEO's may be able to purchase.

Best thing to do is talk to a firearms importer or BATFE to get the real info.